The Senior Research Officer will be responsible for leading and managing research projects aimed at enhancing the understanding of tourism trends, patterns and issues in the South Pacific region. They will be responsible for coordinating and conducting research studies, managing data collection and analysis, interpreting findings, and producing reports that contribute to the overall strategic planning and decision-making processes of the organisation. S/he reports to the Manager Research and you will be responsible for successfully driving the following critical outcomes:
- Research function effectively undertaken
- Data collection and analysis compliant with ethical research standards conducted effectively
- Research tools support field study developed and implemented
- Research level and type conducted in the Tourism Sector determined
- Effective project management
- Successful planning and formulation of research projects undertaken, including the effective management and administration of tasks associated with the research project(s) coordinated to ensure that project deliverables or transitions are completed on time and within budget
- Research project refinement efficiently and effectively managed and research costs maintained within budget
- Effective reports support informed decision-making
- Ensure timely, relevant and accurate quantitative/qualitative reports prepared to inform sound executive decision-making
- Relevant reports to Manager Research prepared in a timely manner
- Research report for the Board (if required) and relevant stakeholders, prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- Information portfolio on tourism issues and international best practices developed and regularly updated
The person we seek will have at least 5 years experience in a similar role with Postgraduate qualifications in Research, Statistics, Economics or a relevant field . The applicant must possess the following:
- Proven experience in data collection and analysis
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Sound knowledge and proven expertise in research methodologies, applications and report development
- Excellent project management skills
- General composite competency based in the following fields of research etc
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and statistical software such as SPSS & Power BI
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong willingness and capability to undertake domestic as well as international travel for work purposes.
How to Apply:
Application must be submitted online by accessing the following
with your CV which must include details of 3 professional referees.
All applications must be submitted via the respective links and any emailed applications will NOT be accepted. Only Fiji citizens are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Role Description: Senior Research Officer
For more information:
contact: Ravuama Buadromo +679 330 3137| +679 773 3137, [email protected]
We recommend that all candidates register on the SPTO Jobs Link website – https://sptojobslink.com/ – before submitting their application.
Closing Date: 14 May 2023