Telecom Fiji Pte Limited is a premium telecommunications company in Fiji and 100% Fijian owned. Applications are invited from qualified interested candidates to join our Engineering, SBU.
VACANCY: 50/2023: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will handle the rollout of large and complex enterprise projects for Telecom, and will be expected to have considerable management capability with project delivery experience. Apart from running projects on a day to day basis, delegating tasks and monitoring deliverables, the Senior Project Manager will be directly involved in activities related to stakeholder management, conflict resolution, resource planning, tracking project progress and reporting project status updates to management.
- To support program management, project portfolio management, and other project management office duties. To provide big-picture assistance to the organization and manage all aspects of related projects to ensure alignment of the overall program with strategic business objectives. Also to manage a portfolio of initiatives that span across business units or lines of business.
- Define realistic project goals and objectives with individual project managers and other stakeholders. Prepare estimates and develop detailed project plans for all phases of the project. Identify resource and budgetary requirements and help in their procurement to make sure the team achieves the project goals in the planned timeframes.
- To coach project managers and team leaders. Provide leadership by building and motivating project teams to meet their project goals by adhering to their responsibilities and reaching their milestones. Participate in building and training project teams to expand their capabilities by establishing best practices, policies, PM methodologies, quality assurance and control, tools, and templates. Advocate and champion learning, process improvement, and project management.
- Facilitate project team meetings, monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables. Analytically and creatively using teamwork, innovation, and excellence to solve problems.
- Monitor project team performance and complete performance reviews.
- Develop and execute a communication strategy for all the different project stakeholders. Report on project status, progress, metrics, risks, test results, and deployment activities. The responsibility also includes providing feedback, advice, and encouragement to the project managers and team members.
- Monitor latest developments, standards, best practices, tools, and project management software in the industry. Advice and make recommendations to make sure the company does not use obsolete practices and can take advantage of any breakthrough or strategy to increase efficiency, boost productivity, and achieve project and business goals.
- Track and manage all resources allocated to field work, projects and operational work to ensure efficient delivery of services while meeting revenue and margin targets
Qualification & Experience:
- Industry standard project management certification. Relevant tertiary certification or University Degree is required. Post graduate qualification would be an advantage
5 to 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience is required, experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Project, Word, Excel)
This position will be on contract; an attractive package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Electronic applications only will be accepted through www.telecom.com.fj Applications close 4pm Friday 6th October 2023.