The prime function of the role is to provide architectural services for office fit outs, refurbishment works, property development proposals and project management services and to ensure the effective and timely delivery of best value services that comply with statutory and design requirements.
- Financial Accountability – Ensure that all works carried out are within budget, are carried out to acceptable standards and carried out in a timely manner through:
- Proper scoping of works
- Transparent tender process
- Proper site inspection/observation
- Proper management of works
- Develop concept plans, 3D modelling and animation for internal customers’ review on fit outs, relocation, new development, and other business needs.
- Provide budget estimate for proposed projects.
- Develop working drawings and other documentation for approved projects to industry standard for statutory approval and tender process.
- Maintain the Project team’s databases to be fully updated in respect of work undertaken.
- Consult and liaise with internal and external parties on projects and initiatives. Maintaining close liaison with external parties such as the company’s architects on planning, methods of construction and general documentation for fit-outs and refurbishments, to ensure all works are completed to program and budget.
- Conduct or attend regular site meetings with consultants and contractors to resolve problems and to also monitor progress and track budget expenditure throughout the various project stages.
- Consult with local statutory authorities for obtaining building permits and completion certificates for all Projects.
- Ensure that all on-site works are carried out in accordance with recognised trade and acceptable building practices and that all relevant legislation including the Building Act, Health and Safety in Employment Act and Health & Safety Regulations are duly satisfied. Monitoring of staff and contractors OHS compliance measures included.
- Assist in maintaining & enhancing the company’s image & local profile plan and co-ordinate new fit-outs, refurbishments, special projects and signage to ensure the company’s reputational, corporate and ethical image is preserved or enhanced within agreed standards, budgets and time frames.
- Represent BSP Life during Projects meeting and other meetings internally and externally.
- Ensure project documents in hard and soft copies are filed in a systematic way to enable ease of retrieving project information.
- Assist in managing the quality of all deliverables and resolving problems within the project to facilitate the resolution of problems and obstacles met during the project design and construction stages by using imagination and innovation in interpreting designs or by using external advice where required.
- Manage medium to large projects to ensure key deliverables namely budget, timeline and quality are achieved in all projects.
- Provide report updates on project progress to EXCO and Board as and when required.
- Other duties – as delegated by Head of Projects
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in CADD including 3D drawing, rendering and animation.
- Proficient in drawing documentation
- Proficient in contract administration
- Very good understanding of industry practice and building code requirements.
- Very good understanding of the various types of construction methodologies practiced locally.
- Very good understanding of the various types of construction and building materials used locally.
- Proficient in project management
- Proficient knowledge of planning and development requirements
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel & Project).
- Basic financial and accounting knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of Internal Policies & Procedures.
- Proficient in planning and negotiation.
- Customer ‘Centricity’
- Quality Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Commitment to Learning
Related Jobs (6)
CEO for 3 beach resorts in the Cook Islands South Pacific on November 21, 2023 Full Time