Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high-quality Flour, Stock Feed, Rice, Snacks, and Bakery products throughout the country. Well-known products and brands include Flame Flour, Flame Stockfeed, Flame Oil & Sugar, Flame Rice, Bilas Bread, Skel Rice, Twisties snacks, Arthurs Pies, and the Meadow Lea range.
At GFI, we care about making everyday food better for everyone.
Our goal is to be the leading and most innovative food company with a mission to meet our customers’ needs for superior quality foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. We are the go-to source of consumer, shopper, and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Production Supervisor to join our already strong and vibrant Production – Flourmill (Operations) team in Port Moresby. Reporting to the Production Manager -Flourmill this role will execute, coordinate, mix, pack & repack, weigh, count, and stack all Flour products so that production targets are achieved.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute daily operations in accordance with the Production Plan for the week with management and explain these to teams responsible.
- Drive daily production to meet targets.
- Check the implementation of production schedules and help teams to make sure the work is completed on time with targets.
- Report daily on achievement of milling & production targets to management through daily Milling / Packing Reports.
- Ensure operator manuals and work instructions are up to date and implemented.
- Ensure that Goodman Fielder’s policies and procedures, food safety practices & quality procedures (Good Manufacturing Practices) are implemented by team leaders.
- Direct the set-up and adjustment of packaging machines and equipment.
- Ensure that teams successfully manage product and shift changeovers.
- Ensure that routine Preventative Maintenance are scheduled and undertaken.
- Ensure that problems with equipment, safety and quality are quickly reported and fixed.
- Ensure that all staff are inducted and or trained to the required or desired standards per Training needs.
- Regularly meet with shift supervisors, Millers, Topman, Packers & Cleaners to discuss Problems, development and operational improvement.
- Maintain an Incident-Free Workplace with Zero injuries.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- Minimum Grade 12 Higher School Certificate.
- Mandatory Certificate (or Diploma qualification s) in Feed, Flour or Rice Milling and Materials Handling.
- Sound knowledge in an FMCG or processed industry.
- Knowledge of best practice in Flour Milling, Rice or Feed Milling packings.
- Open minded and willing to commit in an Operations environment which include working weekends and shifts.
Be part of the Skel life and join a team that values healthy eating and active lifestyles and wants to share that with all the people of PNG. Still interested? Send your letter of application and CV/resume with at least 2 referees to:
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea
P.O. Box 673
National Capital District
E-mail: [email protected]
Please submit your application in either word or pdf and in only one attachment.
Applications close Tuesday 27th December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted