We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Plant Metallurgist for our Processing – Metallurgy Department. Reporting to the Metallurgical Superintendent – the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for maintaining and optimising plant parameters to achieve plant gold and silver production targets (as designated), while ensuring health, safety, environmental and community relations standards are set and maintained.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Support Operations to ensure gold and silver recovery targets are achieved and maintained consistently by ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are controlled to the desired target levels.
- Direct technical input into all metallurgical focused projects to ensure project success and timely completion
- Maintain a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the metallurgical project group and processing team.
- Ensure accurate and timely progress and cost reporting on each project
- Develop budgets and forecasts for metallurgical / processing projects
- Develop long and medium term project plans to prioritise tasks and allocate resources,
- Uphold and follow the Harmony values at all times
- Conduct effective handovers with back-to-back team members
- Coaching and mentoring of key personnel to ensure team development and sustainability of project management capability is retained on site
- Be a part of an effective team, both in the Metallurgy Group and the wider Ore Processing Group
- Ensure development and implementation of safety basics including safety meetings, work-place inspections, hazard identification, job safety analysis and incident reporting. Check for effective and consistent use of these systems and coach for continuous improvement.
- Attend monthly Departmental OH&S meetings. Actively contribute and promote discussion on issues of concern.
- Ensure details are recorded, recommendations actioned, and documentation fled
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Degree in Mineral Processing or related field with at least five (5) years industry experience
- Strong safety focused with current First Aid certificate
- Sound understanding of conflict resolution and communication skills
- Be able to negotiate and communicate well at all levels
- Able to write and present reports, utilising MS Office suites
- Planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Be a team player, fostering diverse abilities
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members
- Possesses current and valid PNG Driving License
- Team building, coaching and counselling
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Wednesday, 08th March 2023
Related Jobs (22)
Casual Events Crew on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Chef de Partie/Line Cook on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Supervisor | Houseman on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Agent on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment – Likuliku Lagoon resort on March 29, 2023 Full Time