The Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji (CAAF) is the national aviation regulatory authority. CAAF is responsible for the oversight of aviation safety and security on behalf of the Government of Fiji as part of the States’ responsibility to the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
VACANCY NO 17/2023 SENIOR OFFICER STANDARDS & COMPLIANCE (AIR SAFETY)
A rewarding opportunity exists for a qualified and experienced individual to join the Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji (CAAF) as Senior Officer Standards & Compliance (Air Safety).
The role is responsible for the effective implementation of Fiji’s Safety Oversight System in the USOAP Audit areas pertaining to Flight Operations (OPS), Airworthiness (AIR) and Personnel Licensing (PEL) pertaining to flight crew and aircraft engineers and, will be responsible for fulfilling the following critical outcomes:
• Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme activities and compliance ensured
• Effective and timely submissions towards the development and review of robust Primary Aviation Legislation and Regulations ensured
• Effective and timely development and review of Standards Documents and Guidance Material ensured
• Effective contribution and support to the Standards & Compliance Department
• Well informed Management and Stakeholders
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Organisation’s image and value standards demonstrated and promoted.
The person we seek must have a Degree in Aviation, Aircraft Engineering or a related field. A technical qualification (aviation licence) in Piloting or Airworthiness may be accepted in lieu of the first-level university degree. The applicant must possess the following:
• Minimum 10 years relevant aviation industry experience;
• Experience in a Civil Aviation Authority in a technical or associated aviation safety role with specialized experience in any of the civil aviation authority’s Flight Operations (OPS) or Airworthiness (AIR) areas would be an advantage;
• Proven experience in meeting and exceeding the organisation’s strategic goals.
• In-depth knowledge of ICAO Conventions/Protocols, ICAO Annexes/ Documents/ Manuals and ICAO USOAP-CMA
• Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other relevant computer software (e.g., Nitro, Adobe Acrobat);
• Experience researching matters including the ability to interpret and understand complex regulations and legislation.
• Experience in performing assessments or audits;
• Highly developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including excellent (oral and written) communication skills, particularly eliciting information from subject matter experts.
• Proven ability to develop and implement new and improved procedures and processes, report writing and preparation of complex documents.
• Experience in data management including extracting and reporting on data.
• Experience coordinating/undertaking activities to meet key project delivery timeframes.
• An understanding of aviation language, across areas such as licensing, aircraft operations, airworthiness of aircraft, air navigation and aerodromes.
• Experience in writing technical documents is desirable;
• Experience in implementing a quality management system and/or safety management system is desirable
• Experience working in an international environment is desirable;
• Experience in programme and/or project management is desirable
How to Apply: Application must be submitted to [email protected] with your cover letter addressing the critical outcomes of the role and CV which must include details of at least 2 recent professional referees. Further
details about the role description, outcomes and minimum work/knowledge requirements can be accessed by visiting www.caaf.org.fj
For more information, contact: Roselin Dass [email protected] | (+679) 8923155
Closing Date: 29th September 2023
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Related Jobs (9)
SENIOR OFFICER STANDARDS & COMPLIANCE (GROUND SAFETY) on September 20, 2023 Full Time