Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Medical Officer – Emergency Medicine. The position supports and assists the Head of the Unit in the provision of high quality services in the relevant Specialized field of Emergency Medicine, under the responsibility of the Director Clinical Services, consistent with the values of Aspen Medical.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Implement activities of the Unit by working effectively with the HOD and adheres towards a positive collegiate relationship.
- Undertake clinical responsibilities in the hospital by being actively involved in patient care, available for consultation and liaison with other units and referring hospitals, maintaining appropriate records and confidentiality, to ensuring best practice care to obtain best possible outcomes whilst promoting and maintaining client focus.
- Participate in peer reviews and implement the monitoring and evaluation of unit activities to ensure corrective measures are undertaken to provide effective and efficient services
- Responsible for medical reports & some medico-legal assessments under the guidance and directive of the HOD.
- Identifying and minimising risk at a systematic level through effective communication and management skills to contribute to improve clinical governance.
- Undertake education, teaching and research activities to train and support staff, students and other stakeholders; be responsible for personal continuous professional development and be a health advocate.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A Postgraduate Diploma qualification or equivalent in the field of specialty
- Knowledge of evidence-based standards of safe practices in general medicine with interest in the relevant Specialized field of Emergency Medicine.
- Aware of with some knowledge of medical and government legislation, policies and medico-legal compliance.
- Aware of the concepts/tools used in clinical leadership, management, audits, research, monitoring and evaluation and clinical governance.
- Experience working in a hospital with limited resources.
- Experience in resuscitating patients with life-threatening emergencies, participating in an emergency response, and supporting team members and relatives of very sick patients.
- Good Clinical Skills including procedural skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Adequate organizational skills.
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team, work under pressure in a resource constrained environment/facility and can cope with adverse outcomes.
- Able to recognize and escalate the care of complex medical problems using evidence based approach with guidance from Specialists.
- Able to assist in organizing professional development activities (conferences, meetings and workshops) and shows responsibility in personal development and learning new skills.
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email [email protected]
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.