National Finance Ltd is a dynamic force in the Papua New Guinea finance industry providing quality financial products and lending services.
We are looking for a motivated person with a shared vision for success and a can-do attitude with a reputation for responsible lending. We currently have the following role available:
Senior Manager – Collections
Located in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and reporting directly to the Group General Manager Operations, this is a senior position critical to the ongoing success of the company.
We are seeking an experienced, highly skilled Manager to join our Asset Management and Legal Team and lead the company’s collections business unit. In this role, you will be responsible for screening all loan arrears ensuring that the collections and recoveries policy of the company are upheld, and making necessary recommendation for approval of write off and legal action to the Group General Manager Operations. You will work closely with the senior leadership and the company’s legal team to help the company achieve its annual recovery targets whilst maintaining a low arrears ratio and keeping losses to a minimum. A group of Team Leaders will report to you to assist in running this critical department.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the recoveries team to undertake recovery action effectively and proactively against defaulters.
- A strong hands-on leadership approach to develop and build a team that will achieve results and exceed targets.
- Training new and existing recoveries officers to become more consistent and persistent in their roles.
- Identifying and highlighting weaknesses in our approval system to assist with improving the quality of our loan book.
- Preparing monthly reports to management on the status of arrears and recommend write off where recovery is unlikely.
- Negotiating default settlements.
- Ensuring staff are behaving in an honest and ethical manner whilst undertaking their recovery action.
- University Degree in a financial discipline majoring in Banking and Finance, Administration or Law
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role whether with a Financial Institution, Legal Firm or Debt Recovery role
- Proven track record in debt recovery, and people and process management
- Significant experience in all phases of a loan life cycle
- Self-motivated with exceptional leadership skills
- Strong negotiation skills with a “can do” approach to the role
- Professional and well presented
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- Good credit history
Why National Finance Ltd?
- Work alongside a team of seasoned professionals in a learning-oriented environment
- The opportunity to progress your career and skills, while building a new process and team
- Fantastic culture where everyone is valued, appreciated and recognised
- Excellent remuneration package offered for the right candidate
- Medical Insurance & Social Club Memberships
- Relocation Assistance & International Travel allowance
- Company vehicle and Accommodation
If you feel this role is for you, and you are looking for a chance to further your career and make a meaningful impact in a key position, please forward your expression of interest and resume to:
Email: [email protected]
Applications close 19th January 2024. Only suitable candidates will be contacted
Related Jobs (7)
Duty Supervisor- Carpenters Properties Pte Limited on February 26, 2024 Full Time
General Manager – Builder Developer – South Pacific on February 21, 2024 Full Time
SENIOR SERVICE ASSISTANT, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE CENTRES on February 20, 2024 Full Time