We have a vacancy for a Senior Hydrologist for our MTS – Environment Department, based at Hidden Valley. Reporting to the Environmental Monitoring Specialist, the role will be responsible for ensuring compliance and reporting requirements for the Hydrological and Meteorological program guided by the existing Mine EMP and are managed and maintained as required.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementation of Hydrological and Environmental Monitoring Programs
- Measuring flow rates of streams to compile monthly and annual discharge summaries using measured stream flow.
- Upkeep of monitoring (and radio telemetry) equipment; and data collection, data processing software operation (meteorology and hydrology)
- Ensuring work programs are completed on time and to required quality to meet regulatory and company requirements
- Providing expertise to the hydrology program, including the maintenance of the remote hydrology monitoring network
- Coordinating the collection and development of hydrological and meteorological data; install, equip and maintain equipment and gauges used to monitor and collect hydrological and meteorological data so that the monitoring equipment are functioning correctly at all times
- Compilation, presentation, and evaluation/analysis of technical and field hydrological and meteorological data for reporting
- Ensuring calibration of measurement instruments including field calibrations
- Communicating environmental concerns raised by stakeholders to management
- Assisting in raising the environmental awareness of employees , landowners and other stakeholders
- Ensuring that assigned personnel perform duties and responsibilities in a safe and prudent manner that does not expose them or others to unnecessary harm or risk of on-the-job injury
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor of Environmental Science, Natural Resources or a related discipline with experience in a similar role
- 3-5 years’ work experience preferably in the mining and resource development sector
- Experience in environmental field work and/or surveying, and in leading a team
- Experienced with Environmental software (Hydstra) and data management and reporting (meteorology & hydrology)
- Proficient in the use of standard hydrological tools, techniques and field equipment
- Advance in MS Application – Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Demonstrate high level of planning and organization skills
- Effective report writing skills
- Able to provide training ,mentoring and maintain Environmental Monitoring Programs
- Must have current PNG driving license
- Strong focus towards safety
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Wednesday, 18th January 2023