We currently have a vacancy for Senior Finance Officer, within our Commercial Department – Lae Logistics Section. Reporting to the Lae Logistics Superintendent, the successful applicant will primarily oversee and manage all cost related activities pertaining to the operations under Lae by analysing, reporting, advisory and management of all associated costs pertaining to Lae Logistics Operation.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Monthly and mid-month reviews of all cost centres under Logistics, Procurement, Customs and warehousing by providing an analysis via reporting of all budgeted variances and monthly spend trends on current operation activities
- Oversee and manage daily transactions for Logistics, Procurement, Customs and warehousing such as purchase requisitions, picking slips etc. to respective and correct cost centres
- Perform and provide periodic financial review and assistance to purchasing team to resolve and process discrepancies for processing supplier payments via nominated ERP system and maintain the upkeep of the discrepancy database
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions such as accruals, open purchase orders, cost trends etc. to be reviewed by sectional heads, line managers. This also cover general ledger and account reconciliations expenditure by cost centre for projects, example EPCs, WGJV as well as many other financial information in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with reconciliation of supplier SOA when and whenever required to avoid account on hold situation with assistance to BNE AP Team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Tertiary qualification, minimum Diploma in Commerce/Accounting or similar
- 3 – 4 years previous experience within mining industry in accounting, finance roles
- Strong understanding of financial reporting , business cost trends, accounting practices
- Prior experience with PRONTO ERP System or equivalent ERP system
- Strong negotiation and communication skills with suppliers both local and overseas
- High level of computer skills: MS Excel , MS Word, MS Outlook & IBIS
- Effective communication skills
- A strong work ethic and safety focus
The above role is Lae based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Monday, 13th February 2023