We are seeking to recruit a Senior Electrician for our Fixed Plant Maintenance Department – Electrical Section. Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for the effective electrical maintenance at the Processing Plant, Assay Lab, Offices and workshops. Ensuring equipment availability and reliability in relation to electrical maintenance by taking ownership of equipment and actioning any electrical maintenance requirements in a timely and safe manner.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensure electrical installations meet AS3000 & the requirements of PNG Mines Act & regulations
- Completing electrical test sheets for electrical installations & maintenance activities
- Stand in as supervisor as required and run shift in an efficient manner as required
- Supervise contractors working with the maintenance team (shutdowns, coverage or specialists) ensuring they comply with site rules and perform work as required
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by recommending solutions to electrical equipment reliability issues and assisting with and implementing maintenance strategy and system initiatives to improve maintenance solutions continuously
- Develop knowledge of technical electrical equipment such as Variable Speed Drives, High Voltage Motors and Motor protection relays to provide assistance to tradesmen and apprentices.
- Review & create Standard Operating Procedures for plant electrical tasks
- Scoping of weekly work orders, identifying materials & resources required to execute tasks
- Full participation in tool box meeting whilst on rostered days on site.
- Learn to manage consumables as used for electrical repairs to enable controlled ordering of materials and timely delivery
- Have the ability to learn how to control work flow to fully utilise repair machines and to maintain an effective work flow
- Have the ability to evaluate damage and to assess the extent of repairs required
- Effectively communicate on day-to-day maintenance issues with the Electrical Supervisor, and with other Sections and work groups by providing updates of relevant issues and seeking information or input as required to define maintenance priorities and develop effective working relationships
- Actively contribute to site safety policy and new initiatives and implement change as directed by immediate supervisor or Asset Management Team.
- Capable of locating, reading and understanding technical drawings, repair procedures, technical data and MSDS Data Sheets.
- Ensure compliance to site Work Management System.
- Have the ability to evaluate equipment damage, to access the necessary repairs.
- Provide accurate and concise written feedback on work orders, with history notes on hours worked, work performed, parts used and status of job or equipment condition.
- Participate in the development of employee training plans.
- Provide training and coaching to team members if required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- NATTB Electrical Trade Certified
- Valid PNG Power Electrical License
- Minimum 7 Years’ experience in similar role; preferably in a mining industry
- Ability to plan jobs, implement and foster to completion
- Excellent communication skills – both written & verbal
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Applications
- Knowledgeable in Pronto or similar Work Management Systems
- Safety focused
- Must have a PNG Driver’s License Class 3 or 6
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Monday 17th April 2023