|Title||HR 17/2023— Semi-Skill Carpenter|
|Faculty||Properties, Facilities and Project Department (PFPD)|
|Reports to||Project Manager or Director Properties & Projects|
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
To be qualified for this position, applicants must have:
- A certificate in carpentry and have 5-10-years of experience in semi skill carpenter work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The job responsibilities include working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components, as well as performing concrete work, steel structure, and carpentry joinery.
- The duties also involve cutting materials using different tools, reading and understanding blueprints and drawings, and placing and securing wood during the building process.
- The candidate must have confidence in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work, and should also be skilled in light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, and ceiling work.
- The ideal candidate should be skilled in the use of hand and power tools and have knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices.
- They should also have the ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings, possess effective oral communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted.
- Additionally, the candidate should have excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The candidate must also be proficient in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements. Please see job description for more information.
Terms and Conditions
The role entails a three-year commitment under an employment contract, with remuneration and benefits aligned with the SINU Salary level for Officers in the Technical Support Services Stream. The contract is subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.
Detailed job descriptions, entry requirements, terms and conditions of employment, and application processes, can be obtained from the SINU website: https://www.sinu.edu.sb/hrd/job/ OR Human Resource Department email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26th May 2023 at 4.30 pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to the HR Department at Kukum Campus addressed to:
Director of Human Resources Human Resources Department Solomon Islands National University P.O Box R113 Honiara