The Security Officer’s main role is to protect and provide professional and dedicated public service to the University Community with courage and integrity. The appointee will be part of a team involved in Security Operations on Laucala Campus and will be responsible for the safety of persons on Campus, ensuring security of buildings, equipment and properties belonging to the University and or members of the University community, dealing with cases involving thefts, lost property and providing assistance to staff, students and visitors.
To prevent potential crime, security officers are expected to work within USP policies, regulations and procedures for all key processes & establish standard security work procedures; monitor compliance to OHS, fire, safety regulations and environment friendly practices; daily checks and securing of buildings, premises; daily updated shift reports of security activities to immediate supervisor; maintain constant secure and efficient lock and key system; customer satisfaction survey (target 95%); internal building patrols carried out minimum of 3 per shift; remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate, may confront and/or detain violators as required until police arrives; ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision and skills in performing building security and lock procedures.
The appointee is expected to carry out any other official duty or responsibility as given by the Chief Security Officer and Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– Knowledge, training or experience of security operations and safety practices relevant to the duties to be performed; or
– Completion of the Fiji School Leaving Certificate (Year 12) without work experience;
– An equivalent combination of experience and training; National Registration/License;
– Knowledge of laws and regulations;
– Working knowledge of enforcement policies and procedures;
– Working knowledge of safety equipment;
– No disciplinary criminal activity;
– Knowledge of First Aid, OHS Regulations and Fire Warden Certification;
– Current and valid driver’s license plus a safe driving record;
– Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Word;
– Good customer service skills and ability to work unsupervised;
– Good physical health; and
– Good written and oral communication skill in English.
Enquiries and further information: Mr. lsimeli Uluilakeba, Chief Security Officer, ph: (679) 323 2207; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement
- FJ $12,830 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 23rd April, 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.