Your day to day
As Sales and Marketing Coordinator, the key to this role is building relationships and developing networks within the account’s portfolios to increase revenue and conversion. You will provide feedback to management on changing market conditions, including competition and market trends. You will accurately and timely be updating the record of all relevant activities in the provided Sales System for future reference and control purposes. You will develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community. As a coordinator in the business, you will have an opportunity to share your knowledge and experience to grow the sales and service culture of the hotel. This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate wishing to expand their knowledge and capabilities to further develop in event management and sales or as a lateral move from frontline operations into a Sales and Events role.
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances, or dissatisfied clients.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- May coordinate outside vendor service’s needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 1-2 years’ experience in Sales, Reservations or Front Office. Prior experience in a luxury environment preferred.
- Must speak fluent English, communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
- Strong reading and writing abilities are utilized often and basic math skills are used frequently
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further! Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications close 19th May 2022
Related Jobs (4)
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant