Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high-quality Flour, Stock Feed, Rice, Snacks, and Bakery products throughout the country. Well-known products and brands include Flame Flour, Flame Stockfeed, Flame Oil & Sugar, Flame Rice, Bilas Bread, Skel Rice, Twisties snacks, Arthurs Pies, and the Meadow Lea range.
At GFI, we care about making food better for everyone.
Our goal is to be the leading and most innovative food company with a mission to meet our customers’ needs for superior quality foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. We are the go-to source of consumer, shopper, and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
We currently have an immediate vacancy for a Safety, Health & Environment Officer to join our already strong and vibrant Safety, Health & Environment team in Lae. Reporting to the SHE Manager this role will provide technical and implementation support and assist the Site department heads and Managers in leading and implementing Safety the GF Way and other SMS Systems across all sections of the site – production, maintenance, logistics, admin and sales
Your responsibilities will include:
- To assist HR and National SH&E Manager in identifying OHS training needs in collaboration with the process supervisors and managers, and conducting in‐house trainings tailored to achieve common understanding on best practice across all sections of the site to endorse OH&S as a culture.
- To maintain all site training records, and report timely updates/progress as and when required to management.
- Investigate and document all incidents with appropriate corrective / preventative actions taken.
- To assist in ensuring compliance to all OHS&E Standards across all sections of the site.
- Ensure total compliance to Safe Work Permit Systems, and other GF OHSE standards (Standard operating Procedures) to eliminate potential injuries, environmental incidents and achieve best practices.
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis Risk Analysis on machines, designs and workspaces and submit detailed report of findings with recommended solutions to Operations Manager and SH&E Manager.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- Minimum Diploma Certificate in Health, Safety and Environment
- More than 3 years’ experience in an FMCG or process environment
- Certificate in OH&S or equivalent (minimum requirement)
- Certificate in Train‐a‐Trainer or equivalent
- Previous experience in similar role highly recommended.
- Significant expertise in at least one of Goodman Fielder’s OHS priorities.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management (essential)
- Strong communications skills
- Experience in managing OHS compliance
- Knowledge of wastewater sampling and analysis techniques.
- Positive disposition and resilience required to deliver sustained change.
- Results oriented with a focus on continuous improvement.
Be part of the Skel life and join a team that values healthy eating and active lifestyles and wants to share that with all the people of PNG. Still interested? Send your letter of application and CV/resume with at least 2 referees to:
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea
P.O. Box 673, Port Moresby NCD PNG
E-mail: [email protected]
Please submit your application in either word or pdf and in only one attachment.
Applications close Wednesday 01st February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted