Looking for a Change?
Join CARE International in PNG and be part of an organisation that serves the needs of Papua New Guineans living in remote PNG.
Safeguarding Officer- (Goroka Based)
CARE International in PNG is seeking to recruit a Safeguarding Officer to be based in Goroka. CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organisation, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities. Safeguarding is the responsibility organisations have to make sure their staff, operations, and programs do no harm to children and vulnerable adults, and that they do not expose them to the risk of harm and abuse
The safeguarding officer will report directly to the Operations Director and will support CARE’s approach and initiatives with regard to preventing and responding to all safeguarding matters including child protection (CP) and the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA).This position has no direct reports
This position is based in Goroka, with possible travel required to other sites.
- Minimum diploma and/or vocational training in Humanities, Social Studies or related behavioral studies;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in PSHEA and Child Protection related work;
- Proven training experience and participatory facilitation skills;
- Experience in engaging and managing a wide range of relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven experience in supporting the development of policies and organizational change;
- A participatory and capacity building approach that is open to feedback and allows for learning and capacity building of staff in a cross cultural environment;
- Strong communication skills including the ability to speak and write effectively;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes and ensure the implementation of basic standard transactions;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities;
- Proven ability to manage and acquit a cash advance;
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning, problem solving and team building skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure and to organise and manage workload to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated characteristics in honesty, reliability, trustworthiness with the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Fluent communication skills in Pidgin and intermediate oral and written English; and
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Word and numeric skills with advanced Excel.
For more information, request a copy of the full Position Description and Terms & Conditions via the below details or phone: 532 2740 or mobile 7196 8447
To be considered for these roles please address the selection criteria in a letter of application also clearly state what location you are applying for and include a Resume (CV) with 3 referees and supporting documents via email: [email protected] or mail to:
P.O Box 1157, Goroka, 441 Eastern Highlands Province.
The closing date for this position is Friday 3rd March 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
CARE PNG is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women to apply.
CARE PNG is committed to safeguarding children and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
CARE PNG does not tolerate gender-based violence and is committed to ensuring that Women, Men, Girls and Boys live a LIFE FREE FROM VIOLENCE
CARE PNG supports the call for everyone to get vaccinated against COVID
Related Jobs (98)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time
Finance Officer | Registry Officer – Nasinu | Legal Officer on December 5, 2023 Full Time