The Pacific Tourism Organization (SPTO) is the mandated organization representing Tourism in the region. It has 21 Government Members as well as a Private Sector Membership base. SPTO’s mission is to ensure “Sustainable tourism development through innovative partnerships” whilst its vision is for the Pacific islands’ to be empowered by and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
The overall objective of this assignment is to engage a consultant to undertake full end-to-end recruitment.
Scope of Work:
At a minimum, the Consultant is required to carry out the following:
Recruitment of new staff: Including the development of job descriptions and job sizing (Finance & Administration Officer only), advertising of positions, receiving and screening all applications, developing a shortlist, organising and conducting interviews, conducting reference checks, compiling a thorough interview report, send out regret letters. The following positions will need to be recruited:
- Finance & Administration Officer x 1
- Risk & Compliance Officer x 1
- Assistant Programme Analyst x 1
All relevant information and resources, including SPTO templates, will be provided to the successful bidder in due course.
The following should be noted:
- The successful candidates must be Fiji citizens or have the right to work in Fiji.
- All positions will be advertised locally for a two-week period
- The Interview Panel for the various positions will be decided in consultation with SPTO, in alignment with the SPTO Constitution and SPTO HR Policy
- All processes noted above should be carried out in close consultation with SPTO
- The interview committee panel shall make a recommendation on the most suitable candidates for the positions to the SPTO CEO, who will make the final decision and appointments
Consultancy Work and Reporting Arrangements
- The Consultant shall work in close collaboration with the Research & Statistics Manager (Prashil Parkas), Finance & Operations Manager (Muni Achari) and the Executive & Special Projects Manager (Tahitia Kamea)
Work Schedule & Budget
- All EOIs submitted for this assignment should include a detailed work schedule and itemized costing for the scope of work and deliverables. Costs must be broken down into professional hourly fees and other out-of-pocket expenses inclusive of tax.
- The key milestones and indicative timelines shall be discussed and agreed upon with the successful consultant and SPTO prior to the commencement of this assignment.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The selected agency will have the relevant Human Resource Management qualifications and a minimum of 5 years experience in conducting Human Recruitment services in Fiji and the Pacific. Experience working with CROP agencies or other regional organisations would be an added advantage.
SPTO will select a preferred supplier based on SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their submission documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and as summarized below.
a. Technical Proposal (60%)
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management or other relevant fields (10%)
- Methodology (10%)
- Technical experience in human resource management, particularly recruitment in the Pacific region (30%)
- Experience in working in the Pacific and with Councils of Regional Organisations in the Pacific (CROP) agencies. (10%)
b. Financial Proposal (40%)
- The Financial Proposal must include a clear general breakdown of costs for the consultancy.
- The budget should be clearly stated in Fiji Dollars and include tax.
To be considered, the consultant should be registered on SPTO Jobslink
Deadline for Submissions:
- The deadline for submissions of proposals in response to this RFQ is 4 pm, Tuesday 18th July 2023 (Fiji Time)
For further information, please get in touch with Ms Tahitia Kamea at [email protected].