Wellesley Resort which is situated along the coral coast is looking for a full time qualified and hardworking Resort Manager who is passionate about the hospitality industry.
We are looking for an experienced Resort Manager to oversee the daily operations of our resort as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
It is important for the Resort Manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.
As Resort Manager you will work with, and develop, the team to provide exceptional guest service, continually exceeding the highest possible standards whilst overseeing the smooth running of the hotels operations ensuring the hotels objectives are met and maintained at all times through maximising occupancy, revenue, and maintaining and building on the reputation of the hotel.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as channel managers, suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager, assistant manager or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
Successful applicant will enjoy a healthy pay package together with accommodation on the resort property and flexible off- days.
Email us your details on [email protected]