We are seeking a hospitality professional to lead a great team in operating 2 sister boutique beachfront resorts located in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
Muri Beach Resort, a 3.5 star 20 room boutique beachfront resort, is well established business, with a great reputation and proven success.
Nautilus Resort is an barefoot luxury, elegant 4.5 star beachfront resort showcasing 17 premium luxury villas that aldso features a world class restaurant – dining and cocktail bar and banquet facility as well as an exclusive day spa.
An opportunity exists for a Resort Manager to oversee the day to day operation of these 2 boutique resorts. This role offers the candidate the opportunity to lead a team to not only manage a flagship of Cook Island luxury properties but also continue to take these resorts to the next level and expand the global recognition of the brand.
As the Resort Manager, you will report directly to the resort owners, who manage maintain a regular presence onsite and asssit in the management of the resorts’ business activities from overseas.This role is required to directly manage all day to day operational elements of the two resorts and will be responsible for leading and developing a team of 60+ employees to ensure the businesses success.
Som of the key focus’ of this role, in addition to being the face of the resort with a hands-on approach, you will be responsible for –
- Overseeing and controlling all day to day operations of this resort
- Maintain a workplace that is a supportive and nurturing, ensuring a positive corporate culture
- Leading the team in guest relations and championing customer service levels
- Managing HR and personnel matters
- Develop brand awareness, maintain and protect the business reputation
- Assist with promotion and marketing of the resorts services and activities so as to maximise sales
- Assist in managing the fiscal well being of the operation optimising revenue opportunities and whilst managing expenses and outgoing costs.
- Producing management and finacial reports
- Business analysis and budget development
- Overseeing the operation of all revenue centres including accommodation, food & beverage operations and a spa facility
- Liaising with stakeholders and partners
- Business development initiatives – Initiate new revenue streams, implement operational efficencies, streamline procedures to create a better operation whilst maintaining the guest experince in the highest regard
- Maintain and protect – business capital assets and resort property.
Reporting directly to the owners, your responsibilities will include all of the above, whilst managing and leading our team of people to achieve expectations in relation to guest service expectation and satisfaction.
As a hands-on and proactive Resort Manager, you will also be responsible for leading by example, implementing policy and procedures, for driving improvements in productivity and performance wherever possible – all completed whilst working towards exceeding past performances and budgeted revenue, cost lines and standard procedural guidelines, ultimately while ensuring the smooth operation of the resorts. You will need to be savvy with implementing strategies in line with business objectives and goals. You will have a experience and a proven track record of success in all areas, having qualified skills in managing all facets of a resort operations – front of house, back of house, finance/administration and property maintenance. This is a hands-on role where you will be leading from the front, working in the operations of the Resort as well as assisting the owners in leading the strategic direction of the Resort.
The role will suit an energetic and enthusiastic manager with great people management and influencing skills, a positive open minded attitude, willingness to be a part of the team, understanding of IT operations, understanding infrastructure and property maintenance issues, savvy in the creation and interpretation of financial reports, analysing financial results, strategic thinking capabilities and extensive experience in the hospitality industry in a similar style of operation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previously held a resort management role, within a similar environment
- Exposure to management and financial reporting, data analysis and strategy development
- Hands on experience in front office and food & beverage operations is essential
- A very good “people manager” with experience in working in a multi-cultural environment who displays tolerance, understanding and adaptability in their management style
- High level of technical skills in hospitality operations
- Strong understanding of IT and computer systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience within the Pacific Islands or a remote location
- Experience working in a 5 star environment
- A genuine passion for hospitality and providing great service and quality product
- Strong working knowledge of safety regulations, HR procedures
- Strong knowledge of marketing strategies and channels
- The ability to provide on-going support and training to your team
- Develop an operational budget and monitor cost controls
BENEFITS AND CULTURE:
- Attractive salary package
- Opportunity to be a part of the management team of a flagship resort for the Cook Islands
- A company with multiple venues
- Great culture and team
- One of the most beautiful and pristine places on earth
- A great opportunity to further development higher level management skills
Cook Islands government require a Police Clearance from your country of residence and an authorised Medical Report in order to accept applications for permits to work in this country.
Send your CV and Application to email@example.com or click on Apply Now.