We are seeking an experienced manager to lead a team of industry professionals, in operating 2 sister boutique beachfront resorts, located in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
Nautilus Resort is a barefoot luxury, elegant 5 star beachfront resort showcasing 17 premium luxury villas that also features an exclusive, boutique Day spa and a world class restaurant – dining and cocktail bar and banquet facility
Muri Beach Resort, a 3.5 star 22 room boutique beachfront resort, is well established business, with a great reputation and proven success.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Resort Manager to oversee the day to day operation of these 2 boutique resorts. This role offers the candidate the opportunity to lead a team to manage these unique properties and work with the resort owners to take these resorts to the next level of service and global recognition of the brand.
As the Resort Manager, you will report directly to the Resort Owners, who maintain a regular presence onsite and operate an offsite office.This role requires the management of all day to day operational elements of the two resorts and be responsible for leading and developing a team of 60+ employees, to ensure the businesses ongoing success.
Some of the key focus’ of this role –
- Be the face of the resort
- Leading the team, by example
- Ensure we deliver great customer service and guest experiences
- Operate with a hands-on approach working alongside the team
- Create a great corporate culture
- Ensure the financial viability of the day to day operation
Your responsibilities include –
- Overseeing and controlling all day to day operations of this resort
- Maintain a workplace that is a supportive and nurturing, ensuring a positive corporate culture
- Leading the team in guest relations and championing customer service levels
- Maintain a focus on HR and personnel matters
- Assist to develop brand awareness,
- Maintain and protect the business reputation
- Assist with promotion and marketing of the resorts services and activities, both locally and through media, so as to maximise sales
- Assist in managing the fiscal well being of the operation optimising revenue opportunities and whilst managing expenses and outgoing costs.
- Producing management and finacial reports
- Business analysis and budget development
- Overseeing the operation of all revenue centres including accommodation, food & beverage operations and a spa facility
- Liaising with stakeholders and partners
- Business development initiatives – Initiate new revenue streams, implement operational efficencies, streamline procedures to create a better operation whilst maintaining the guest experince in the highest regard
- Maintain and protect – business capital assets and resort property.
Reporting directly to the owners, your responsibilities will include all of the above, whilst managing and leading our team of people to achieve expectations in relation to guest service expectation and guest satisfaction.
As a hands-on and operationally proactive Resort Manager, you will lead by example, implementing policy and procedures, for driving improvements in service, productivity and performance wherever possible – all completed whilst working towards exceeding past performances and budgeted revenue, cost lines and standard procedural guidelines, ultimately while ensuring the smooth operation of the resorts. You will need to be savvy with implementing strategies in line with business objectives and goals. You will have a experience and a proven track record of success in all areas, having qualified skills in managing all facets of a resort operations – front of house, back of house, finance/administration and property maintenance.
The role will suit an energetic and enthusiastic manager with great people management and influencing skills, a positive open minded attitude, willingness to be a part of the team, understanding of IT operations, understanding infrastructure and property maintenance issues, savvy in the creation and interpretation of financial reports, analysing financial results, strategic thinking capabilities and extensive experience in the hospitality industry in a similar style of operation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previously held a resort management role, within a similar environment
- Exposure to management and financial reporting, data analysis and strategy development
- Hands on experience in Rooms division and Food & Beverage operations is essential
- A very good “people manager” with experience in working in a multi-cultural environment who displays tolerance, understanding and adaptability in their management style
- High level of technical skills in hospitality operations
- Strong understanding of IT and computer systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience within the Pacific Islands or a remote location
- Experience working in a 5 star environment
- A genuine passion for hospitality and providing great service and quality product
- Strong working knowledge of safety regulations, HR procedures
- Strong knowledge of marketing strategies and channels
- The ability to provide on-going support and training to your team
- Develop an operational budget and monitor cost controls
BENEFITS AND CULTURE:
- Attractive salary package
- Opportunity to be a part of the management team of a flagship resort for the Cook Islands
- A company with multiple venues
- Great culture and team
- One of the most beautiful and pristine places on earth
- A great opportunity to further development higher level management skills
Cook Islands government require a Police Clearance from your country of residence and an authorised Medical Report in order to accept applications for permits to work in this country.