Resort Manager – Barefoot Kuata Island Resort, Yasawa Islands, Fiji
We are seeking a dynamic person for Barefoot Kuata Island Resort located on Kuata Island in the Yasawa Islands. This is an island-based position www.barefootkuatafiji.com
This resort offers budget accommodation of 31 rooms consisting of dormitories and bures. Barefoot Kuata Resort is the sister property to Barefoot Manta Island Resort also in the Yasawa Island Group.
The role is the management of the day-to-day operations of the Resort. You will be reporting to the Directors and Shareholders in Fiji and Australia. You’ll be responsible for all facets of management for Barefoot Kuata.
You will be working alongside the heads of departments to deliver the budgets, and service goals, maintain the target revenue growth, and continue to improve the profitability of the current operations.
You will be required to:
• Achieve financial performance targets for both revenue and expenditure on a weekly, monthly and annual basis;
• Understand all financial aspects related to running a resort, including preparing department budgets & payroll, monitoring costs and expenditures across all departments
• Have knowledge of the requirements of OH&S, hotel, and liquor licensing procedures.
• Manage the company’s assets in all areas so as to ensure appropriate return on investment;
• Have input into rate setting and yield management, forecasting business trends, quality control and service standards, and department productivity;
• Respond to guest feedback in a proactive manner which results in continuous business Improvement.
In addition, preference will be given to applicants:
• With knowledge of RoomMaster,
• With sound knowledge of local and international markets for sales and marketing activity for at least 3 years particularly with channel management through OTA, Wholesale and Inbound Agent/Tour Operators.
Your focus on guest services and achieving high levels of guest satisfaction will be essential for your success in this role. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills along with the ability to build strong working relationships with staff, suppliers, internal stakeholders, and of course, guests. You’ll need the ability to take ownership and solve problems quickly and effectively.
We are looking for a manager with solid previous hotel or resort management experience of at least 3 years at a senior management level and have worked in Fiji with superb general knowledge of the Yasawa region.
Interested candidates are to send in their applications together with CV, qualifications and references to: [email protected] or The Human Resources Manager, Box PD 153, Denarau, Nadi.
Applications close on the 5th June 2022. Only short listed applicants will be contacted
Related Jobs (14)
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant