General Manager or Management Couple
Yasawa Island Resort & Spa – Fiji.
This high profile, independently owned, offshore boutique resort is located in the famous Yasawa Islands, off the west coast of Fiji’s main island Viti Levu.
Yasawa Island Resort is an award-winning, 5-star, inclusive property that caters mainly to couples. The remote location brings amazing experiences and unique challenges. This position requires passion, determination, energy and resilience.
If you have a hands-on management approach; have previously worked in remote locations and enjoying working with different cultures, this position may be for you. The local community from nearby villages make up the majority of the workforce and help to make our guest experience authentic and exceptional.
Living on a remote tropical island is a challenging environment and tending to the guests’ needs whilst dealing with the logistics of a remote location requires you to be resourceful, well organised and self-sufficient. For the right person/couple this can be a highly rewarding role.
Only Individuals or couples with senior international management experience running a boutique property hotel, resort or lodge on an isolated tropical island or remote location will be considered for this role. Applicants with a diverse combination of skills eg: management/engineering; management/executive chef; management/food & beverage are preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a similar position
- Previous experience managing properties with “off grid” systems (eg: generators, desalination plants, etc.)
- Ability to motivate and inspire our unique team.
- Strong forward planning and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent delivery of the guest experience
- Strong F&B skills
- Marine maintenance experience, construction experience, and/or the ability to troubleshoot tools, engines and equipment would be a bonus
- Previous experience in managing refurbishment or building programmes
The contract will be for a minimum of 2-years, renewable annually, and commencing immediately.
The starting salary is commensurate with experience/skills.
Please apply via email only firstname.lastname@example.org