Your day to day
- As Reservations Sales Agent, you’ll be responsible for processing reservations by mail, telephone, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Process reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents. You will create and maintain reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Communicate reservation information to the front desk.
- Process cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Assist in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Get information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- Know of all hotel packages plans-meaning status, rates, and benefits.
- Update availability of all distribution channels like GDS, OTA and Web booking systems. all reservations activities such as recording and processing all reservation inquiries made by phone or email and converting to sales where possible to meet hotel targets.
Reporting to Reservations Manager, you’ll work closely with other Hotel departments in particular Front Office to ensure a positive delivery of guest experience.
What we need from you
- Previous Front Office/Reservations/Customer Service experience. Hotel/hospitality experience advantageous but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration or Sales/Management
- Energy and passion – a high level of energy to keep you upbeat in a face paced environment
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to collaborate effectively with departments on groups and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Opera/Technical skills – proficiency with Opera or another PMS System is preferable but not essential
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and workload individually and across the team
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid study/exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
To apply, send application letter, updated cv and educational certificates on email [email protected] or drop it with our Front Desk team at the hotel.
Applications close on Thursday 21 July, 2022 at 4pm
Related Jobs (4)
Reservation Administrator and Inventory Controller on November 21, 2022 Full Time
Reservation Administrator and Inventory Controller on November 17, 2022 Full Time