The Tourism Research Officer is responsible for conducting research and analysing statistics related to local and global trends that could impact and generate tourism opportunities for the members of SPTO. S/he will report to the Senior Research Officer and you will be responsible for successfully implementing the following critical outcomes:
- Provision of research and statistics as required
- Annual Research Plan effectively developed in consultation with Manager Research and Senior Research Officer and successfully implemented.
- Robust data analysis and interpretation ensured and quality, accuracy and timeliness of the same maintained at all times
- Effective contribution to donor projects by conducting research, data analysis, and provision of support in project implementation.
- Effective research data management system (documentation/publication) implemented
- Collaboration for a sustainable tourism practice for long-term sustainability
- Effective market intelligence/Information application ensured through but not limited to:
- Data/information interpretation
- Preparation and/or review of position and policy papers/guidelines etc.
- Tourism database and repositories effectively updated with quality, timely and relevant data/information
- Develop member research capability
- Ensure effective contribution to the development of SPTO country NTO members’ research capabilities (Training and development areas flagged)
- Provision of comments/technical advice (where relevant) on research activities ensured.
- Quality, accurate and timely reporting of relevant focus areas to SPTO executives/management ensured to enable informed decision-making
The person we seek will have at least 3 years relevant experience in a similar role and an -Undergraduate Degree in research, statistics, economics or a relevant field. The applicant must possess the following:
- Proven ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary and/or multi-cultural team
- Strong research and statistics background – undertaking research and analysis
- Proven experience in analysing market research and developing action plans from the information.
- Experience in designing research projects and presenting findings – research papers, statistics, special projects
• High proficiency in statistical and database software packages such as SPSS, Power BI, & MS Office
• The ideal candidate should possess a strong willingness and capability to undertake domestic as well as international travel for work purposes.
How to Apply:
Application must be submitted online by accessing the following
with your CV which must include details of 3 professional referees.
All applications must be submitted via the respective links and any emailed applications will NOT be accepted. Only Fiji citizens are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Role Description: Research Officer
For more information:
contact: Ravuama Buadromo +679 330 3137| +679 773 3137, [email protected]
We recommend that all candidates register on the SPTO Jobs Link website – https://sptojobslink.com/ – before submitting their application.
Closing Date: 14 May 2023