- Salary Range*: $19,041.75-$24,412.00 (BAND E)
*Additional performance payments may be available for our highest performers, in accordance
with the Public Service Commission guidelines
- Contract Term: 3 years (including 6 months probationary period)
- Duty Station: SUVA
- Reporting Responsibilities:
a) Reports To: Senior Immigration Research and Development
b) Liaises With: Internal and External Stakeholders.
c) Subordinates: Immigration Inspector
This position is responsible for providing timely and high quality research papers at the tactical and
operational level of the Department.
The position will achieve its purpose through the following key responsibilities. Working with
relevant staff and service providers, in accordance with legislative requirements:
- Analyze Border reports and develop monthly reports for the Section;
- Provide timely and accurate customer services needs and requirements;
- Capturing visual institutional knowledge form all technical staff in order to archive for Research and
- Ensure compilation and submission of the sections report are prepared for in a timely manner; and
- Actively contribute to all corporate requirements of the Ministry, including planning, budgeting and
selection activities when required
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- All reports are submitted within the agreed timeframes and meet the standard reporting
requirements, including analyses of data and recommendations for improvements; and
- All logistics for training are coordinated and delivered within agreed timeframe and meets the
requirements of the training plan and calendar of events.
- Work in Compliance with the current legislation in relevance to referral duties, facilitation and
ensuring public’s adherence to immigration laws.
In addition to a Degree in Management and Public Administration or other relevant qualification (or
equivalent work experience) the following Knowledge Skills, Experience and Abilities are required
to undertake this role.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years work experience in a high level administration position
- Sound practical work experience working with external customers
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Immigration Legislation applicable to Fiji.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills ( Verbal and written) skills and the ability to tactfully deal with
- Ability to follow guidelines and meet set timeframes
- Good interpersonal and representational skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce effective reports
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support daily operations
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational and corporate
environment of the organization.
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND ELIGIBILITY
Applicants for employment within the Fiji Civil Service must be Fijian Citizens, under the age of 60, in
sound health with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical
certificate and police clearance prior as a condition of employment.
The Ministry is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all
eligible, qualified applicants. Only the specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for
the job will be considered in assessing the relative suitability of applicants.
Apply online on http://tinyurl.com/5n8exump