Regional General Manager Asia
Fiji Airways is looking to recruit an experienced and passionate individual for the role of Regional General Manager Asia. The successful candidate will lead and drive the commercial growth of Fiji Airways in the region through the development, implementation and achievement of sales and marketing plans. This role will also lead and develop direct and indirect reports towards shared company goals, and is accountable for asset management and reducing financial risk to the business through budget forecasting and cost management.
The RGM Asia establishes and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders in the region including government, trade and tourism partners. The RGM Asia leads the sales team in the region that includes the Country Sales Managers for China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and the GSAs for the rest of Asia.
As the representative of Fiji Airways in the region, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes Fiji and Fiji Airways presence as a major quality brand in the market and region.
- Leads the formulation of an annual business plan for approval.
- Drives the delivery of account development plans and sets key performance indicators for staff within the region.
- Manages the portfolio of distribution channels including government, travel agents, consolidators, corporate accounts, direct internet, and online travel distribution.
- Manages both direct and indirect sales and channels including the development and recommendation of commission and incentive contracts.
- Manages and directs Fiji Airways ticketing offices in the region ensuring best business practice is in place to protect the airline’s revenue and assets.
- Appoints, leads and manages GSA partners where needed.
- Maximizes Fiji Airways revenue and profitability in the region by achieving the right channel mix and more direct versus indirect sales.
- Overseeing daily operations, managing budgets, and setting performance objectives.
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relations and negotiating contracts.
- Planning, evaluating, and optimizing operations to be efficient and cost-effective.
- Ensuring products and services comply with regulatory and quality standards.
- Preparing and presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual statements, analyses, and reports of operations and finances.
- Gathers competitor & market intelligence and keeps HQ informed of key industry trends and developments in the region.
- Collaborates with Senior Manager Marketing to recommend market campaigns.
- Leads, directs, manages and evaluates pre and post market campaigns with trade partners.
- Works closely with Executive Manager Global Sales, Marketing & Digital in producing the budget for region and the global sales team.
- Focus on the regional customer experience (on-time delivery, quality and responsiveness) and our commitment to Environment, Health & Safety and Integrity.
- Establishes new business and supports current business with distributors and end-users.
- Travels regularly throughout the territory to achieve sales and marketing goals.
- Ensures company owned property is maintained, leased property if applicable is in line with the brand integrity of Fiji Airways.
- Delivers quarterly market reports on regions performance against targets to Executive Manager Global Sales, Marketing & Digital.
- Represents the regions interests when liaising with HQ’s key departments together with all stakeholders.
- Applies sound people development practices including individual development plans as identified through training needs, talent identification and succession plan.
- As required, works on any other key projects as directed by Executive Manager Global Sales, Marketing & Digital.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree in Aviation, Sales, Management, Business, or Economics.
- At least 5 years in management experience across aviation, tourism or other relevant sales and marketing roles.
- Experience across Airline sales in Asia is preferable.
- Significant experience leading sales functions in an international airline or deep subset thereof or within a low- cost airline and indirect online channels or across tourism or other similar areas
- Proven ability to lead cross-functionally to reach a goal.
- Experienced working in a productive and collaborative manner with aviation regulatory authorities.
- Experienced at the international level, with a demonstrated ability to work successfully across different cultures and geographic boundaries.
- Highly developed strategic leadership skills.
- Strong intellect with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to thrive within challenging environments, embracing change.
- Very high standards of personal ethics and integrity.
- Sound computer skills – specifically email, word processing, spread-sheeting and presentations (MS Office Package).
If you are interested, visit our website on www.fijiairways.com/our-careers and submit an application online or send in your Resume, Cover letter and qualifications attained through email to [email protected]
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next steps of the recruitment process.
Applications close on Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
Related Jobs (6)
CEO for 3 beach resorts in the Cook Islands South Pacific on November 21, 2023 Full Time