This position will be based at the Central Distribution site in Karsanji Street, Vatuwaqa and will be reporting to the Engineering Supervisor.
The nature of the role includes:
· Performing root cause analysis during breakdowns for repairing refrigeration faults.
· Carrying out preventative and full plant maintenance to avoid breakdowns.
· Ensuring all planned maintenance work is completed within the expected timeframe.
· Ensuring equipment is safe and fully operational as per set standards.
· Establishing best engineering practices for the site.
Key skills and attributes required:
· A trade certificate or diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Refrigeration Technician preferably working on Ammonia Systems, water chillers, ice plants and reefer and automobile refrigeration.
· A valid Refrigerant Handling licence.
· Ability to work shifts.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Proven electrical troubleshooting skills will be an added advantage.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then send through your cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected] with the position title as the email subject. Kindly note only email applications will be accepted.
Goodman Fielder is an equal opportunity employer.