Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited seeks an experienced person to fill in the role of Refrigeration Mechanic. This is a full time role and is based in Port Moresby.
The incumbent shall become a member of the Maintenance Team and be responsible for organising, controlling and co-ordinating the Preventative Maintenance (PM) of all Air Conditioning equipment & machinery at Era Dorina Estate (EDL) to ensure high service delivery for all residents, tenants, visitors and staff alike.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure all air con units in EDL have monthly schedules for preventive maintenance programme and quarterly schedules for chemical cleaning
- Ensure all air con unit in the EDL including public are maintained to brand standards.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, and servicing certain equipment and facilities, including air conditioning systems, water cooling system and refrigerators.
- Entails repairing and maintaining building equipment as needed to ensure buildings or facilities are functioning properly.
- Coordinate efforts with company’s contacted HVAC vendors to ensure company HVAC system are functioning perfectly.
- Carry out maintenance checks on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; clean evaporator drains pans, coils, and filter; lubricate fan and motor bearings; repair and change motors, electrical wiring, belts, compressors, thermostats, fans, floating elements and defrost timer.
- Attend daily toolboxes and weekly OHS briefing with the team to ensure compliance with OHS policies.
- Aid supervisor in planning new installation and modification projects, preparing of specification, and major reconditioning and overhauling projects, applying knowledge of refrigerating systems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager or GM Properties.
Requirements for the role:
- 3-5 years’ facilities and premises management experience. (Project management experience desirable).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Refrigeration/Air-con mechanic role.
- Working knowledge of supplier management, contracting and tendering.
- Experience with managing Occupational Health & Safe Environment in the workplace.
- Computer literate (excel, word, outlook).
- Good command of English and the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge of the repair characteristics and mechanical operation of various type of air conditioning and refrigerating equipment.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work after normal working hours, weekends or as required.
- Must be in excellent physical and medical condition.
If you think you have what it takes to be in this role, we would like to hear from you.
Applications close on Tuesday, 24th Janaury 2023 at 5pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. All applications must provide the following:
- A cover letter
- A current CV with names of three (3) contactable referees
- A copy of your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate (Green Card)
Applications must be addressed to:
The Head of People & Culture
Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited
P O Box 1787
Port Moresby, 121
National Capital District
Hand delivered to Ground Floor, Credit House, Cuthbertson Street, Port Moresby, National Capital District or emailed to [email protected].