REQUEST FOR TENDERS [RE-ADVERTISED]
|Date:||26th April, 2023|
|Subject:||Request for Tenders – Consultancy Services for the Development of the Pacific Cultural & Heritage Tourism Guidelines & Conduct the Sustainable Tourism Assessment of Pacific World Heritage Sites.|
You are requested to submit a comprehensive proposal for the above consultancy as per the Terms of Reference set out in Annex I
To assist with your submission, please find enclosed:
Annex I: Terms of Reference
Annex II: Consultant’s Letter to SPTO Confirming Interest and Availability for the Consultancy Services
Annex III: Technical Proposal Submission Form
Annex IV: Financial Proposal Submission Form
- The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is an intergovernmental organisation based in Suva Fiji mandated to market and develop tourism in the Pacific. Its vision is for the Pacific islands’ empowered and benefitting from sustainable tourism.
- With a membership of 20 Pacific Island Countries and over 140 private sector members, SPTO’s work focuses on three (3) key priority areas which include robust research and statistics, sustainable tourism planning and development and marketing. For more information, see southpacificislands.travel
- SPTO invites tenders from qualified and experienced consultants who can offer their services to Develop the Pacific Cultural & Heritage Tourism Guidelines & Conduct the Sustainable Tourism Assessment of Pacific World Heritage Sites.
- The successful applicant will need to submit the final deliverable by 22nd September, 2023 in line with the agreed contractual arrangements and Deliverables & Indicative Timelines per the Terms of Reference.
- Please click here to view the Terms of Reference.
Conditions: Information for consultants
To be considered for this tender, interested consultants must meet all the requirements in the Terms of Reference as well as the conditions below:
- Interested consultants must be registered on SPTO Jobslink
- Provide three professional references relevant to this tender submission, including the most relevant recent work completed.
- Provide examples of relevant past work outputs to support how you meet each of the evaluation criteria.
- Complete the Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (please note you are required to complete all areas in full as requested on the form, particularly the Statements to demonstrate you meet the selection criteria – DO NOT refer us to your CV or your Technical Proposal. Failure to do this will result in the application not being considered).
- Tender documentation should demonstrate that the interested consultant satisfies the conditions stated above and is capable of meeting the specifications and timeframes, and provide supporting examples to address the evaluation criteria.
- Tender documentation should outline the interested consultant’s complete proposal:
- CV of proposed personnel highlighting relevant experience
- A Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability- Please click here to view.
- A Technical Proposal which should outline the interested consultant’s Methodology or approach including timelines to achieve the tasks outlined in the Terms of Reference. Please click here to view.
- A Financial Proposal which clearly outlines the fees component of the consultancy. Please click here to view.
- Tenderers must insist on an acknowledgement of receipt of tenders/proposals.
SPTO will select the preferred consultancy team on the basis of SPTO’s evaluation of the extent to which their tender documentation demonstrates that they offer the best value for money, and that they satisfy the criteria listed in this document and in ANNEX I and summarized below.
|Evaluation Criteria, Competency Requirements||Score Weight (%)||Points Obtainable|
|Minimum qualification is a Postgraduate Degree in Tourism, Culture, Sustainable Development/Strategy/Management, Public Policy, Pacific Studies or a relevant field.|
|Criteria 2:||Technical experience in Sustainable Tourism or Culture Policy/Guidelines Development;||30||21|
|Technical experience in conducting site assessments for heritage sties at either national or regional level in the Pacific region. Experience in other regions can be considered.|
|Strong understanding of public, private sector and community issues relating to tourism development, World Heritage management in the Pacific, across Small Island Developing States and globally.|
|Criteria 3||General Experience in Key Areas||30||21|
|Experience in working with governments institutions particularly the National Tourism Organisations, Ministries for Culture on policy related matters in the Pacific Islands;|
|Experience working with regional organisations, UNESCO, UNWTO, multiple donors, UN Agencies, private sector and NGOs;|
|Working experience with international organizations or similar projects and implementation would be an advantage.|
|Criteria 4||Relevance of Approach/Methodology to assignment||20||14|
|Provide a clear and well thought-out Methodology for meeting the requirements of the Scope of Services and specific deliverables expected throughout the assignment;|
|Sound and practical approach that allows for the inclusive engagement of stakeholders noting the remote delivery of outputs and diversity of issues and competing stakeholder interests;|
|Clear and realistic timeframe including confirmation of availability.|
- The due date for submission of the tender is 4pm (Fiji Time) on 2nd May, 2023.
- Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- PLEASE SEND ALL TENDERS VIA EMAIL with Subject: ‘TENDER NO. 23/003R: Consultancy Services for Tourism Culture & Heritage Guidelines & Sustainable Tourism Assessment of Pacific WHS to: [email protected]
SPTO reserves the right to reject any or all tenders and the lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.
Related Jobs (22)
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
FOREMAN ARTISAN – ENGINEERING – TFTC on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Dean of Students on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Team Leader Cabin Crew on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Barman / Barista on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Food & Beverage Attendant on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time
ENGINEER – SOUTH SEA ISLAND on May 30, 2023 Full Time