Doug as Pharmaceuticals Fiji Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of New Zealand’s largest privately-owned pharmaceutical company, with a modern pharmaceutical manufacturing and research facility in Nadi, Fiji. We are seeking a Quality Control Analyst for our Laboratory. Reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor, the position will entail but is not restricted to the following:
- Undertake the scheduled testing of raw materials, bulk products, finished products, and packaging in an accurate, efficient manner and in accordance with Laboratory Analytical Procedures and Standard Operating
- Using techniques such as HPLC, FTIR, titrations, Karl-Fischer analysis, melting point, UV-Vis, and colorimetry
- Stability testing of products f0r new formulations and ongoing stability trials, using physical (pH, viscosity) and instrumental (HPLC, UV) techniques, as appropriate.
- Writing analytical specifications using current pharmacopeias and reviewing existing analytical specifications
- Writing/reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Calibrating analytical equipment, as and when required
- Supporting all QC activities
- Ensuring that procedures are carried out carefully and accurately to eliminate errors.
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely in a timely fashion to internal and external customers
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop the positive progressive culture within the Laboratory.
- Observing and complying with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Observing and complying with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Undertaking any other duties, either for this department or any other department within the business.
- Preparing Quality reports, including analytical reports (for raw materials and finished products), Certificates of Analysis (CoA) (for finished products), and stability reports
- Assisting in general lab housekeeping, monitoring stock, ordering consumables, and working safely in line with H&S requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or in a scientific discipline (with strong chemistry content)
- 2 – 4 years of skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Highly proficient in the use of key analytical equipment (HPLC, IR, UV) and the testing of finished products. Experience of working in a GMP environment would be added advantage
- Ability to achieve and maintain high standards with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Committed to learning and development
All applications should be addressed to
The HR Manager
Doug as Pharmaceuticals Fiji Limited
Private Mail Bag Nadi Airport
E-mail: email@example.com. fj
Applications close on Friday 17th June 22. Please note shortlisted applicants will only be contacted.
Related Jobs (1)
Vehicle Mechanic (Mechanical, Panel Works, Spray Painting) on August 3, 2022 Full Time