This position will be based at the Livestock Office in Waila, Nausori and will be reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager.
The nature of the role includes:
· Ensuring the verification of “Animal Welfare” principles and “Biosecurity” code of practices are applied at all times within the livestock department.
· Conducting “Good Agriculture Practices (GAP)” audits in the farms and hatcheries.
· Highlighting any chance to reduce production cost with no side effects on performance.
· Capturing, storing, and conducting data analysis for applicable feedback to department heads.
· Timely submission of daily/weekly reports to relevant stakeholders.
· Ensuring full compliance of Safety Quality Food processes are applied on site.
· Ensuring hygiene and sanitation procedures are in compliance with livestock standards.
· Conducting training sessions on SOPs and animal husbandry practices.
· Validating all company health and safety measures are adhered to respective sites.
· Recognizing any procedural failure and reporting the matter to the line managers.
· Identifying improvement opportunities for quality systems activities in incorporating best practice innovations across both current and future needs.
Key skills and attributes required:
· A degree in Animal Science/Agriculture Engineer (Preferably with animal husbandry background).
· Preferably 2 years’ working experience in Quality position or similar role.
· Sound knowledge of food safety and quality compliance on HACCP and ISO certifications with good understanding of manufacturing/livestock operations.
· Basic knowledge on SOPs is a must.
· Excellent communication, teamwork, and quality report preparation skills.
· A valid group 2 driver’s licence with no demerit points is required.
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office, (specially excel and power point).
· Ability to work under minimum supervision, but in consideration with team goals achievement plan.
· Ability to work shifts, as and when required by the line manager.
If this position appeal to you then send through your cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees – with one being the immediate or most recent supervisor/manager and vaccination card to [email protected] with the email subject as the “Position Title”. Kindly note only email applications will be accepted.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 24th March 2023.
Only candidates with the experience and qualifications listed need apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.
Related Jobs (2)
MEDICAL OFFICER – FEMALE on May 31, 2023 Full Time