Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Starkist American Samoa
- A technical authority employed to design,maintain and continuously develop a Quality Assurance based Quality Management System that assures the safe manufacture of products that meets legal,Company and customer
- Safety -Products/Personnel. Directs the HACCP Signatory for the daily positive release of products produced,review of critical records which relate to product safety and associated disposal decisions. Manages rework team to efficiently recover costs.
- Risk Assessment -To continuously supervise the evaluation of critical information such as retort process,can seaming,fish receiving and preparation,record keeping,laboratory analytical data and finished product evaluation so as to eliminate financial risk to the business.
- Critical documents- To supervise the creation, collection and critical review of all necessary documents required by the US EPA, FDA,USDA,DSCP, USDC,StarKist,Jewish Orthodox Union, etc.
- Audit -Act as Company Representative who coordinates internal and second party audit
- Personnel -Management of all Quality personnel. Subordinate development, appraisals and discipline. Coordinates technical training program for all personnel.
- Labor Relations – Consistently apply the established guidelines written in the company employee handbook to improve labor relations and maintain StarKist Samoa’s non-union status.
- Budget -To manage and direct the QA specialists, leads, coordinators,technicians and inspectors to achieve the principal accountabilities listed above and to operate within budgeted parameters and to identify new opportunities to improve the quality of our
- Establishes analysis schedules to expedite the flow of work through the lab and optimize the productivity of the technicians.
- Develops and maintains programs that oversee the receiving and quality of all incoming ingredients,including fish,and to determine their compliance with approved standards.
- Directs the analysis (quantitative and qualitative) of in-process and finished samples of tuna and fish meal to assure compliance with approved
- Verifies the operation/calibration of test equipment/instruments in order to maintain certifiable
- Monitors department supply of inventory and orders items, as needed to maintain continuity of testing, etc.
- Assures the accuracy of QA test results.
- Manages internal Integrated Pest Control Plan.
- Supports Operations in writing new standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (Wis) for new processes,and revising and updating existing SOPs and Wis
- Work with Engineering to coordinate request for capital appropriations (CARs) to request funds for equipment needed by the department.
- Quality System – Directs the design, maintenance and development of Quality Systems to meet and exceed company objectives. Supports Corporate QA Improvement projects
- Special projects as required
- 5 years of overall professional experience in Food Quality
- 5 years in a position of similar complexity,scope,size and international impact
- BS in Food Science or the equivalent
- Knowledge of Corporate Policies and Compliance
- Broad knowledge and experience in quality gained at successive levels of responsibility in multiple areas of plant procedures and governmental standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting corporate interest from remote site locations and ability to communicate and exercise very positive people skill
Interested parties may apply by submitting their resume via email to [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 24,2023