Quality Assurance Auditor
This role reports to the Manager Quality Assurance and Compliance. The purpose of the Quality Assurance Auditor role is to be responsible for Planning, monitoring and executes quality inspections and audits in line with the approved annual quality audit program to ensure conformity and compliance with CAAF ANR Part145 approval, quality and operational safety standards, Local and International regulations and IATA airlines operational safety standards.
- Perform audits, surveillance and Airworthiness duties of internal, external and contracted maintenance functions as required in the Company Exposition and as specified in the corresponding approved QA audit program to uphold regulatory and internal standards and compliance to ANR145 approval.
- Prepare audit reports resulting from audits, surveillance & investigations in such a manner that will ensure that any deviations or deficiencies detected are recorded and corrective actions taken.
- Plan and execute snap audits on critical airworthiness related maintenance operations.
- Monitor open permitted variation for compliance and Monitoring for adherence to standards for special process inspections, such as NDT, Engine Borescope, and AOG.
- Ensure ANR145 requirements and Company policies are complied with by monitoring/auditing maintenance actions.
- Responsible for preparing Company initiated Airworthiness Notices to highlight the compliance date/flying hour limitations applying to fleet wise inspections or maintenance tasks.
- Alert the Manager Quality Assurance & Compliance of any undesirable trends or deficiencies observed or detected in the E&M Quality Systems or airworthiness procedures as set out in the Exposition. Making recommendations as to ways of overcoming such trends or deficiencies.
- Audit Flight Logs and Non-Routines Work cards for reportable occurrences, which have not already been reported. Schedule, manage and attend meetings related with Quality issues.
- Perform Quality Assurance audits of the Company’s Line Maintenance Stations, Fuel farms, Into Plane fuelling providers and Heavy Maintenance service providers. Maintain records of audits and findings.
- Execute occurrence investigations for incidents relating to airworthiness or maintenance operations and report on findings as required.
- Carry out monitoring and observe the Receiving Inspection process, to ensure proper documentation for all purchased, repaired or borrowed parts, in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate requests made by the Aircraft Workshops, Technical Materials and changes in respect to the following, Approved Overhaul Agencies of the Company, company workshops approved capability listings and shelf life expiry limits.
- Prepare of documents required by the Manager Quality Assurance & Compliance to support CAAF approval submissions in respect of such changes. Carries out risk assessment and safety case analysis for submission to CAAF.
- Perform leave relief duties to cover absence of other Quality Assurance Auditors as may be directed by the Manager Quality Assurance & Compliance.
- Prepare of information and materials as per the agenda items for the Safety Management Review Group meetings and making presentations on the agenda items.
- Conduct audits on the Engineering Maintenance Software (AMOS).
- Enforce safety regulations and practices and reviews procedures to ensure safe, reliable maintenance operations. Promote a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Participate in the implementation of Quality Assurance projects for each financial year.
- Work with suppliers, customers, and regulatory representatives regarding quality requirements as needed.
- Conduct QA Technical assessment / oral examination to ensure competency of maintenance personnel and recommend the grant of company authorisations to certifying staff, work by approval and AME upgrade.
- Responsible for management of certifying staff record in AMOS.
- Responsible for Management of Engineers approval/authorization system and Expiry in AMOS
- Encourage colleagues and is actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture, by reporting any unsafe acts, unsafe conditions or safety risks.
- Responsible for annual renewal of fleet Certificate of Airworthiness for Fiji Airways and Fiji Link fleet with CAAF airworthiness department.
- Responsible for annual renewal of fleet Radio License with CAAF and Telecommunication Authority of Fiji.
- Implementation of Quality Assurance functions listed in the Routine and Periodic activities.
- Liaison with Manager Quality Assurance & Compliance and provide input into Quality Assurance yearly strategic goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or License without type rating or Licensed /Authorised engineer or Associated Degree in Engineering discipline.
Completed a Lead Auditor Course (Preferred)
Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Aviation
Strong knowledge of ANR and associated guidance material applicable to maintenance of aircraft operated on ANR145C certificate.
Possess a good working knowledge of aircraft and engine systems and must be able to perform quality oversight of maintenance activities.
Advantage if applicant has at least 2 type rating of current FJ/FL fleet and certifying experience.
Familiar with Fiji Airways MMOE, Line Maintenance Manual and Technical Operating Procedures.
Possess attention to detail, high standards and good computer skills.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Familiar with Fiji Airways ETOPS requirements.
Applications are open to all Fiji citizens. All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for next steps in the recruitment process.
Applications close on Wednesday, 13 December 2023
If you are interested in this opportunity
Related Jobs (7)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time