Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Ramada By Wyndham Port Vila
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Purchasing officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you are identifying the most profitable offer
ROLES & DUTIES:
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals especially for local market suppliers
- Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock
- Coordinating with the delivery team and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled
- Establishing professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers
- Ensuring all stock are packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Superb written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Great organizational and planning skills
- The ability to identify market trends and make decisions in a high-stress environment
- The ability to follow client specifications
- Excellent networking and time management skills
- Stock Control management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and desire to join our team, please send your resume with a cover letter and contact details of (3) three recent referees to [email protected]
Applications close 15 March 2023
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Accounts Officer on March 29, 2023 Full Time
Accountant on March 29, 2023 Full Time
Purchasing Coordinator on March 27, 2023 Full Time