Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University.
STORES & TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT
The Purchasing Officer is primarily responsible for all purchasing and procurement of stationery and equipment for the different departments of the University. Centrally located at the Stores & Transport division, the incumbent is expected to work in close coordination with the Senior Stores Officer and the Stores & Transport Manager for the planning and implementation of Stores’ administration functions which include:
- Liaising with stores officer to coordinate issuance of department stationery and associated items,
- Coordinating stores inventory management movement in accordance to Stock inventory management control plan,
- Obtaining quotations from reputable suppliers, checking and verifying stock quality, quantity and costs before granting approvals for refurbishment order,
- Ensuring stationery and furniture requisitions are checked, verified and approved for immediate attention, and dispatched at the earliest,
- Being accountable and transparently manage stock inventories according to University inventory rules and regulations,
- Conduct physical checks on stock inventory and provide low stock reports for refurbishment order,
- Making sure incoming goods are physically checked thoroughly to confirm against Purchase Order with Suppliers Invoices for defects and short-supplies,
- Coordinate and supervise subordinates at the Stores office administration, Yard support staff with day to day operations of Stationery Stores to ensure officers are performing their respective task assigned in accordance with University’s employment rules;
- Ensuring goods received are in full and costs confirmed and updated in the stock inventory Management system,
- Conducting monthly stock takes and reporting are well coordinated and done professionally and submitted to the Stores & Transport Manager,
The successful candidate should possess a degree in Management, Accounting or any related field from a recognized institution. Required work experience is 3 years or more in a similar role with excellent written and communication skills and proficiency in MS Office suite with good experience in negotiating contracts and agreement with vendors.
He/she must be mature with strong and proven leadership skills, be of sober habits, able to work under pressure and extended hours, have very good analytical skills, an eye for details (due diligence) and be honest and transparent.
Administration Officer I/II – K30,303.00 – K42,387.00 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses preferably email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, should be sent to:
The Executive Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications in one pdf file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is on Friday 15th December 2023 at 4:06pm
- ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED.