PROVINCIAL COORDINATOR – ACSM
World Vision PNG is a child focus Christian humanitarian organization established in 1983. Its program aims to improve the well-being of communities especially children through sustainable development, humanitarian emergency affairs (HEA) and advocacy.
The heart of World Vision’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships. World Vision helps communities help themselves. World Vision focuses on children because they are the best indicator of a community’s social health. When children are fed, sheltered, schooled, protected, valued, and loved, a community thrives
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure that Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization activities are harmonized across the districts in the Province and that social mobilization activities conform to the National TB Control Program policies and guidelines on TB case finding and case holding.
In coordination with Project Manager and District Coordinators, this job is responsible for providing technical support and coordination for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Advocacy Communications and Social Mobilization (ACSM) activities based on the approved TB DOTS Project Implementation Plan
He/she is responsible for supervising the Project Officers ACSM for SFD and collaborate with District Coordinators to provide direction for Project Officers ACSM for DFD and NFD in the implementation of ACSM plans and budgets. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that essential technical and administrative support is satisfactorily provided to field staff to ensure efficient and effective field implementation, documentation and reporting.
Plans, coordinates and implements strategies and activities together with the local government staff and community volunteers and Responsible for the field implementation fidelity of approved social mobilization and social marketing strategies and activities in assigned areas.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure program activities meet implementation fidelity
- Ensures the guidelines and standards for the ACSM activities are implemented in the project areas consistent with the approved Project Implementation Plan.
- Ensures the implementation of TB DOTS – ACSM and WV value-added strategies in all project areas and in the attainment of the Project goals, standards and protocols with WHO, DOH and Local Government Units.
- Provide technical supervision to Districts and Project based ACSM staff.
- Conducts regular visits to all areas and provides technical guidance in managing project interventions and ensures project activities are undertaken in accordance to the approved Project Implementation Plan.
- Consolidates and submits monthly to the Manager, quarterly and semi-annually ACSM reports in accordance with the reporting requirements of the funding and cooperative agencies.
- Ensure that the annual evaluation of the Project is conducted with the coordination of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers.
- Communicate with local government and health partners in the assigned areas the goals, objectives and strategies of the project.
- Coordinate with treatment and care teams and health facilities to identify hotspots to provide TB awareness
- Participate in periodic project assessments and evaluations with key city/district and local health partners and stakeholders at various levels to analyse trends and gaps in performance vis-à-vis project goals and standards and formulate appropriate or reinforce existing actions.
- Conduct any other activities as assigned from time to time
Ensure Community groups are engaged in TB Support services
- Identify existing community groups to engage in TB advocacy
- Train Community groups in TB advocacy
- Support community groups in covered areas in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of organizational strengthening and TB service delivery enhancement activities.
- Support business houses to develop TB work place policy for their own implementation
- Support community groups in covered areas in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of COVID19 risk communications and mobilisation.
Ensure smooth Operations
- Executes financial transactions in accordance with approved project plans
- Ensures that corresponding documentation of these transactions are accomplished according to project requirements & timetable.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written documentation and report-making skills, Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Social behavior change implementation activities
- Complex program in a highly ruralized population
- Challenging geography
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel in remote communities up to 70% of the time.
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby, on or before; Wednesday, 01st March 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (20)
Dive Instructor and Dive Master- Island Based Position on February 22, 2024 Full Time