Nathan Associates is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates implements the Trade and Investment (T&I) component of the USAID Solomon Islands Strengthening Competitiveness, Agriculture, Livelihoods, and Environment Program (SI-SCALE), which will operate through September 2023 (with a possible extension into 2024). Through SCALE T&I, USAID seeks to improve the enabling environment for trade and investment in the Solomon Islands by reducing the cost and steps of obtaining business permits and licenses; improving trade and investment facilitation; and strengthening the competition environment. SCALE T&I will focus on local-level implementation and build local capacity to improve the enabling environment for trade and business. It will address constraints to international trade and work with provincial governments to further streamline permitting and licensing requirements to make them less costly, and more transparent and predictable. As a cross-cutting objective, this activity will support regulatory reforms that help expand women -owned and -led businesses and fully engage the private sector in policy reforms and advocacy.
Nathan Associates is seeking a Project Support Specialist with a proven background in project/task/activity management, event and logistics planning, travel coordination, client management, consultant management, procurement management, schedule/calendar management, drafting expense reports, and other related competencies. The Project Support Specialist will support the team with its goal of remaining on track to complete all annual workplan activities on time, and they will coordinate closely with the Nathan Associates Home Office team based in Washington, DC.
- Support the SCALE T&I team with various tasks required to bring annual workplan activities to fruition;
- Manage local ferry, flight, event space, and hotel bookings;
- Manage the team’s events and meetings calendar;
- Follow up with stakeholders to secure and coordinate meetings;
- Manage the logistics for project events, public meetings, and trainings;
- Prepare advance requests and expense reports;
- Receive invoices from local vendors and coordinate payments with the home office;
- Help manage consultants;
- Ensure timely and thorough communication between the field office, home office, and external stakeholders.
- Promote a positive public perception of Nathan, SCALE, and USAID;
- Successful completion of secondary school;
- 2-5 years of prior experience in an administrative support role;
- Clear written and verbal English communication skills;
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal English skills;
- Proven ability to anticipate, identify, and mitigate challenges; and
- Professional and polite comportment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, law, or other related fields;
- Experience supporting a donor-funded development project; and
Please submit your CV detailing your skills and experience relevant to the position via email to [email protected] , with the subject line “Application for SCALE Project Support Specialist position”
Closing date is 25th November 2022