PROJECT OFFICER – TB TREATMENT AND CARE
World Vision PNG is a child focus Christian humanitarian organization established in 1983. Its program aims to improve the well-being of communities especially children through sustainable development, humanitarian emergency affairs (HEA) and advocacy.
The heart of World Vision’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships. World Vision helps communities help themselves. World Vision focuses on children because they are the best indicator of a community’s social health. When children are fed, sheltered, schooled, protected, valued, and loved, a community thrives.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure quality of care of TB patients who are initiated on treatment in Health facilities continue at the community and supported by treatment supporters as part of continuum of care. Accountable for the documentation of activities conducted and supplied materials that were supported by the Project. Plans, coordinates and implements strategies and activities together with partner staff and Treatment supporters and Responsible for the field implementation of approved activities
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure strengthened Health systems to deliver TB services in BMUs
- Support the District coordinator in ensuring capacity of health workers is built to provide TB services
- Support district coordinator to convene Quarterly BMU coordination and data review meetings
- Work alongside health facilities to ensure quality of care is maintained as per national protocol
- Work with Facility staffs to develop monthly patients list for follow up sputum
- Conduct Monthly supervision to BMUs using supervisory checklist
- Support M&E officer in data collection for monitoring and decision making
Successful implementation of community-based treatment supporters’ system
- Support the Project Manager and District Coordinator in establishing community-based treatment and care for TB patients
- Support implementation, monitoring and reporting of community-based treatment and care for TB as per national protocol
- Coordinate contact tracing activities with treatment supporters
- Ensures treatment supporters supervise DOTS early at community level
- Ensure each treatment supporters follows standard operating procedures and all sites requirements
- Improve treatment supporters recording and reporting system.
- Act as the DOTS focal point for treatment supporters at case management meetings
- Develop and execute CB-DOTS supervisory plan for DOTS/TB activities at community level
- Provide on the job trainings to treatment supporters.
- Work with treatment supporters to collects quality sputum from patients required to provide sputum as per schedule
- Ensures that patients who miss treatment are promptly followed and brought back to treatment and care
- Collaborate closely with partners on ground for collaborative implementation and project success
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of Nursing course, HEO or CHW
- Experience working alongside the district health system
- Speaks local language
- Has experienced hospital/clinical practice (knows how to inject drugs, dispense medicines, etc.)
- Training on the TB Program a plus
- The position requires movement in communities within catchment of a BMU.
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby, on or before; Wednesday, 01st March 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.