The Project Officer Research (POR) is an important link in enhancing the University of the South Pacific’s strategic goal of increasing ‘the quality, quantity, focus, equity and dissemination of its research, leading to greater access, applications and benefit for the Pacific region’ (p.22, USP Strategic Plan2022-2024).
More specifically, the POR will ensure that specific key targets and key performance indicators are achieved and that there is sustained efficient and effective delivery of services by the Research Office to its clientele.
The appointee will be responsible for those aspects of research performance activities that are the delegated responsibility of the Research Office including:
- compiling the University’s research outputs data (SCOPUS database and USP ranking system);
- managing the research repository
- documenting and analyzing research performance based on research outputs;
- coordinating the rewards of publications scheme;
- managing the podcast library and its website;
- managing the directories of experts’ databases;
- managing the processes involved with the awarding of the Vice-Chancellor’s Research Prizes;
- working with other members of the Research Office in support of various University-wide research initiatives; and
- Any other duties that are stipulated by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research& Innovation in order to support the wider outputs
The Project Officer Research (POR) will work closely with the Director Research, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research& Innovation (DVC RI), the Deputy Head of School, Research Innovation & Graduate Affairs; the Finance Officer(s); USP Librarians, IT officers; other Research Office staff; preferred USP suppliers and other internal and external contacts on the advice of the Director Research.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A degree in relevant fields with two years subsequent relevant experience;
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of maintaining Research Repository, USP Research Output, directory of experts database; website, rewards scheme, Scopus and USP ranking System;
- Excellent knowledge and skills on report writing such as Quality of Research (QoR);
- Experience in working with external stakeholders and both within a team and independently in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Extensive understanding of research project management.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Anjula Devi, Executive Officer, Email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
FJ $33,549.35 to FJ $39,679.55 per annum.
The closing date for applications is: 30 April 2023