PROJECT OFFICER – FINANCIAL INCLUSION
World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) has an exciting opportunity for those of you who want a change and want to become part of a dynamic team. We are currently looking for a suitable, qualified, experienced, and highly motivated professional to fill the Project Officer – Financial Inclusion to be based in Lae, Morobe Province, Papua New Guinea.
The EU-funded Flower Power project aligns with the overall and specific objectives of EU Lot 2- Role in Economic Empowerment of Disadvantaged Population to economically empower and enable marginalized population especially women and youths with the knowledge, skills, and capacity to be competitive in the business environment. The overall impact objective is to strengthen CSOs to lead actions to improve women and youth economic empowerment through increased knowledge, skills, and accessibility in the market system. This will be achieved by 3 specific objectives;
- Women have improved income through climate-smart floriculture production
- Women and youth-led CSOs have increased organizational capacity and knowledge to advocate for more equitable business and growth opportunities for women and youth
- Women and youth have strengthened networks and access to financial inclusion
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to manage, directly implement, and coordinate project activities related to the three objectives listed above. The Project Officer- S4T/Financial Literacy/Value Chain / Market is in charge of implementing training sessions in collaboration with the communities and targeted beneficiaries.
The Project Officer- S4T/Financial Literacy / Value chain/ Market will conduct savings for transformation, financial literacy, value chain, and market training to empower and educate the participants in the communities with the direct report to the Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have related expertise to provide close regular technical ( S4T, value chain, market, and financial literacy ) support to district-level and/or community-based CSOs.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Implementation, Management, and Evaluation
- Effective and Timely direct implementation, management, coordination, and monitoring of project activities related to financial literacy, value chain, and marketing.
- Support project coordinator to maintain quality implementation and monitoring of activities
- Timely coordination and consultation and communication with the project coordinator and technical specialist and project coordinator to ensure the smooth implementation of the project
- Presently provide support to the project coordinator to manage the project budget and financial compliance of grant
Representation & Networking
- Develop and maintain links with NGO’s Local Level authorities
- Support the project coordinator to coordinate and communicate donor visits efficiently
High Quality of Documentation
- Support the Project Coordinator to daft project reports in a timely manner meeting reporting requirement
- Submit monthly reports
Capacity Building & team management
- Organize training to build field staff capacity with regards to financial literacy and inclusion and others as requested by the project coordinator.
- Train other project staff on community mobilization and partner networking skills
- Conduct and contribute to monthly learning and reflection sessions.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Project Management
- 1-year experience in project management is sufficient.
- More than a year of experience in community development or in a relief and development setting with project management experience.
- Experience working and networking with partners in Morobe Province is a bonus
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and report writing.
- Any knowledge or experience in working within the GEDSI space and with youth groups will be preferable.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a high standard of English.
- Computer literate
Interested applicants should submit the following documents all in one PDF file before; Sunday 31 December, 2023, 12:00 AM UTC
- Expression of interest
- Detailed CV
- Valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate
- COVID-19 Vaccination card (within the first 3 months of issuance)
Note: This is a National Role and we encourage qualified Nationals who fit the criteria above to apply.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Considering the well-being of the staff, beneficiaries, peers, partners, and the general public at large it is highly recommended that all staff of WV PNG be vaccinated for COVID-19. Any request for exemption from being vaccinated on grounds of health and religious beliefs can be accommodated upon due consideration.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Accepted
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!