PROJECT – NUTRITION OFFICER
World Vision PNG is a child focus Christian humanitarian organization established in 1983. Its program aims to improve the well-being of communities especially children through sustainable development, humanitarian emergency affairs (HEA) and advocacy.
The heart of World Vision’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships. World Vision helps communities help themselves. World Vision focuses on children because they are the best indicator of a community’s social health. When children are fed, sheltered, schooled, protected, valued, and loved, a community thrives.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide support to all TB patients as part of continuum of TB care in provision of food supplementary. Be Accountable for the documentation of activities conducted and food distribution that were supported by the Project. Plans, coordinates and implements strategies and activities together with partner staff and Treatment supporters and Responsible for the field implementation of approved activities
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of Kitchen & staff
- Support the Project Manager and DART Coordinator in general management of kitchen activities.
- Plan standard menus and recipes and advise on the preparation and service of meals to TB Patients
- Inspect kitchens, storerooms, equipment and DART sites to ensure compliance with hygiene standards.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of meals at all distribution sites by making periodic visits to ensure compliance with directives.
- Manage, supervise, X5 casual (cooks)
- Ensure cooks’ maintain and perform within required WV policies and standards
- Ensure cooks are on time for work and monitor attendance through Log book
- Forecast the quantification of food items and ensure that is between maximum and minimum level
- Have regular staff meeting with kitchen staff to address issues
- Attend Case Management Meeting as required
- Ensure all financial documentation are prepared and submitted on time
- Carry out other duties as needed
- Provision of Food Supplement (Lunch)
- Ensure all TB patients receive food supplement (lunch) on time each day
- Develop and maintain accurate Master beneficiary list for TB patients to benefit on food vouchers
- Manage the food voucher activities by requesting for PO, assign food voucher gift cards to patients and distribute the Food Voucher in timely manner each month
- Raise Purchase Requisition of food rations every 2-3 months and other kitchen items as required
- Maintain proper storage of food items
- Recording and Reporting
- Keep record of patients served daily lunch
- Submit timely monthly report
- Keep up to date inventory (stock cards) of all kitchen items including food items
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of Hospitality
- Nursing Officer or CHW with some experience in Nutrition
- Has experienced hospitalism and or nutrition
- Considerable knowledge of dietetics and the nutritive value of food.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the food industry.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing public health as it relates to preparation and handling of food.
- Ability to prepare menus.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of subordinate staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the nutrition staff and other employees in the Area Program.
- Report writing skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Good communication skills.
- A commitment to the provision of excellent service.
- Be confident, hardworking and trustworthy
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby, on or before; Wednesday, 01st March 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (20)
Dive Instructor and Dive Master- Island Based Position on February 22, 2024 Full Time