Telecom Fiji Pte Limited is a premium telecommunications company in Fiji and 100% Fijian owned. Applications are invited from qualified interested candidates to join our Finance, SBU.
VACANCY: 7/2023: Procurement Officer
The incumbent will directly report to Manager Supply Chain and will be responsible for the procurement of the company which includes sourcing, price negotiations and verification items to ensure that the purchase from suppliers meets the specification creation of purchase orders then, order tracking of purchases till successful delivery.
- To plan, source, process and place Purchase Order(s) in sufficient time to meet the required delivery timeline, ensuring that the best total acquisition cost is achieved, consistent with the technical specifications, quality assurance and delivery requirements. To manage inventory and the procurement of materials.
- Research partner companies and potential suppliers in the market locally and overseas to build a strong network of various suppliers to allow negotiations of best-price contracts and service value.
- Manage and expedite Outstanding Purchase Orders.
- To communicate with stakeholders both vendors and customers with consistent updates till delivery is completed.
- Handle and monitor claims to vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts.
- Data entries for taxi vouchers on a monthly basis for all company runs.
- Carryout out vendor reconciliations and prepare payment vouchers for payment processing.
- GL reconciliations and reporting.
- Assist Manager Supply Chain in assessing for aging stock provisions and highlight to management of items moving into aging categories as well as engaging relevant stakeholders to formulate plans to sell off aging stock.
- Providing costing assistance to internal stakeholders for new projects to ensure correct duty, freight and vat is charged.
- Look at processes and suggest any improvements.
- To ensure compliance and provide assistance to parties carrying out internal and/or external audit.
- Involved in the monthly stock take at the central stores & any other duties given by MSC and FC
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting, Financial Management or relevant field from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- OR Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- CIPSA Certified.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced excel, communication, presentation, writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license –advantage.
This position will be on contract; an attractive package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Electronic applications only will be accepted through ours www.telecom.com.fj Applications close 3pm on 24th February ,2023
Related Jobs (8)
Administrative/ Accounts Officer- Carpenters Properties Pte Limited on September 18, 2023 Full Time