Procurement and Logistics Manager
Australia Solomon Islands Partnership for Justice (ASIPJ)
|Location||Honiara, Solomon Islands|
|Reports to||Senior Operations Manager|
|Term||Fixed, commencing May 2023 – May 2024, with the possibility of an extension.|
The Australia Solomon Islands Partnership for Justice (ASIPJ) continues Australia’s long-running support to the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) justice sector. ASIPJ works closely with SIG to enable justice agencies to deliver on their existing, core activities while clearly identifying and engaging with fundamental problems and critical issues affecting their ability to contribute to stability and offer access to justice for citizens.
ASIPJ is delivered through four key outcome areas: i) improving core service delivery capacity; ii) enhancing capacity for justice sector management and leadership; iii) enhancing collaboration with state and non-state actors to improve access to justice, and iv) increased sensitivity and responsiveness to those vulnerable to family and sexual violence. It is a four-year program, which commenced in July 2022, with an option to extend.
ASIPJ aspires to be locally led, problem-oriented and learning driven. It is pragmatic, practical, and adaptable, and mainstreams gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI). Deloitte is the Managing Contractor, leading a coalition for change that includes Adam Smith International, providing operations support; Ninti One, for its indigenous expertise; and the University of Queensland, to support critical research and knowledge generation.
The Procurement and Logistics Manager is part of ASIPJ’s Operations Hub, consisting of a Senior Operations Manager, a Finance Manager, a Human Resource (HR) Manager and program assistants.The position is primarily responsible for ASIPJ’s logistical systems, procurement of assets and administration of the program office. The role will also lead support for the mobilisation, movement and orientation of in-country ASIPJ personnel.
The duties and responsibilities of the Procurement and Logistics Manager include the following:
- Managing the procurement functions of ASIPJ, including market assessments, approaching the market, and identifying subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensuring that sub-contractors comply with their contractual provisions and that supporting documents are maintained for all steps of procurement, with invoices properly executed and paid.
- Working with the Senior Operations Manager to ensure processes for the mobilisation, onboarding and orientation of new personnel are implemented and adhered to.
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager in the procurement of ASIPJ assets and establishing and maintaining the asset management system (i.e., the assets register).
- Ensuring that assets are maintained and up to the requisite operational and safety standards, including program vehicles.
Logistics, Travel and Office Management
- Supporting ASIPJ’s logistical and operational requirements to ensure office systems and processes are established and maintained (including vehicle management, procurement assessments, purchase orders, security, networks/ICT, work health and safety).
- Overseeing the Operations Hub to ensure travel arrangements for personnel travelling within Solomon Islands and internationally are made in a timely way and in accordance with program travel procedures.
- Overseeing the journey management plans of ASIPJ personnel, including organising travel, accommodation, venue and local transport
- Leading support in the mobilisation and demobilisation of advisers.
- Ensuring that insurance policies and adviser rental agreements are current, supported by the ASIPJ Finance Manager.
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager in ensuring adherence with, and regularly reviewing, the policies and procedures in the Operations Manual; implementing operational policies and procedures; and ensuring staff are trained and competent in the use of these policies.
- Supporting the ASIPJ Deputy Team Leader and ASIPJ Senior Operations Manager with the implementation and regular review of ASIPJ’s Security Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Crisis and Emergency Plan, and Emergency Response Procedures.
- As a member of ASIPJ’s Local Incident Management Team, ensuring program risks are identified and monitored, and adequate mitigation measures are in place.
- Leading the weekly updates of the ASIPJ Security and Emergency Phone Tree.
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager to ensure ASI Solomon Islands Pty Ltd entity is compliant with SIG regulatory requirements (including registration, tax and importing exemptions for goods and assets).
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager in providing costings on procurement and logistics.
- Providing cover for Operations Hub members when needed and/or when on leave.
- Coordination, oversight and management of support staff, if required.
- As needed, contributing to periodic reports and plans within the scope of responsibilities.
- Any other duties as identified by the Senior Operations Manager and/or the Deputy Team Leader.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A relevant university degree or diploma with demonstrated experience in a similar role/s.
- Extensive experience in managing procurement, logistics and operational support for businesses, government and/or donor-funded programs.
- Excellent organisational skills and competence/integrity in maintaining office records.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collegially with partner organisations and staff from a range of backgrounds.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Fluency in Pijin and an excellent command of both oral and written English.
The following skills/experience would be an advantage:
- Experience of the public sector in Solomon Islands.
- Experience in capacity building, including training and on the job mentoring of staff, leadership and people management skills.
- A Solomon Islands driving license.
- Reports to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Line manage the Administration Officer and Administration Support Officer/Driver.
ASIPJ staff need to adhere to SIG’s COVID-19 policies, including being fully vaccinated.
How to Apply
Please submit your application before 14 April 2023 11:59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) to: [email protected].
Please use the following subject line in your email: ‘Application for Procurement and Logistics Manager, ASIPJ Program’.
Applications should include a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the position selection criteria, a CV of no more than four pages and the contact details of two professional referees.
Salary level is negotiable, commensurate with experience and the Solomon Islands market. Applicable benefits and entitlements are in line with ASIPJ policies and applicable Solomon Islands’ laws.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, we encourage you to reach out to ASIPJ HR Team via [email protected] or call the ASIPJ Office on +677 26530.
Note: This position is open to those with an existing, independent right to live and work in Solomon Islands.
Related Jobs (8)
Administrative/ Accounts Officer- Carpenters Properties Pte Limited on September 18, 2023 Full Time