IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Do you see yourself as a Porter for InterContinental Hotel® Fiji Golf Resort & Spa at Natadola Bay?
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who can make transactions feel seamless. From the very first moment a guest sets foot on our Resort, our team of Porters are on hand to provide luggage assistance, valet park cars, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Your day to day
- Kicking off truly memorable guest experiences with the warmest of welcomes, acknowledging IHG One Rewards members, InterContinental Ambassadors and returning guests.
- Staying one step ahead of our guests’ needs to anticipate requests and offer tailored recommendations – you’ll be familiar with and passionate about all things Fiji and surrounds.
- Providing prompt luggage service to all guests in accordance with InterContinental brand standards.
- Safely and confidently parking cars in the hotel valet carpark, ensuring the utmost care of vehicles and safe storage of keys.
- Ensuring the driveway, door and hotel entrances are always kept cleaner than clean. Identifying and reporting all hazards.
- Must be effective in anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Full Fijian driver’s license with the ability to operate both manual and automatic vehicles.
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- The ability to work under pressure and possess great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility– night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Experience – ideally you’ll have spent at least two years in a front desk or guest service position in a 5 star property.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 04th September, 2023.
Related Jobs (20)
Dive Instructor and Dive Master- Island Based Position on February 22, 2024 Full Time