IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Do you see yourself as a Porter for InterContinental Hotel® Fiji Golf Resort & Spa at Natadola Bay?
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who can make transactions feel seamless. From the very first moment a guest sets foot on our Resort, our team of Porters are on hand to provide luggage assistance, valet park cars, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Your day to day
- Kicking off truly memorable guest experiences with the warmest of welcomes, acknowledging IHG One Rewards members, InterContinental Ambassadors and returning guests.
- Staying one step ahead of our guests’ needs to anticipate requests and offer tailored recommendations – you’ll be familiar with and passionate about all things Fiji and surrounds.
- Providing prompt luggage service to all guests in accordance with InterContinental brand standards.
- Safely and confidently parking cars in the hotel valet carpark, ensuring the utmost care of vehicles and safe storage of keys.
- Ensuring the driveway, door and hotel entrances are always kept cleaner than clean. Identifying and reporting all hazards.
- Must be effective in anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Full Fijian driver’s license with the ability to operate both manual and automatic vehicles.
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- The ability to work under pressure and possess great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility– night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Experience – ideally, you’ll have spent at least two years in a front desk or guest service position in a 5-star property.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a medical cover, term life insurance, birthday leave, community service leave, paternal leave, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
How to apply
Send your application letter and up to date resume to [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 16 February at 4pm.