|Title||HR 18/2023— Plumbing Assistant|
|Faculty||Properties, Facilities and Project Department (PFPD)|
|Reports to||Project Manager or Director Properties & Projects|
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
To be qualified for this position, applicants must have:
- A certificate in plumbing and have 10-15 years of experience in plumbing work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Installation, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical work as required.
- Prepare bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
- The candidate must be skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade, as well as have familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper.
- The candidate should possess knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices and have the ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills are necessary for this position, as is the ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted.
- Additionally, the candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements is also important.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills are required for this position. Please see job description for more information.
Terms and Conditions
The role entails a three-year commitment under an employment contract, with remuneration and benefits aligned with the SINU Salary level for Officers in the Technical Support Services Stream. The contract is subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.
Detailed job descriptions, entry requirements, terms and conditions of employment, and application processes, can be obtained from the SINU website: https://www.sinu.edu.sb/hrd/job/ OR Human Resource Department email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26th May 2023 at 4.30 pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to the HR Department at Kukum Campus addressed to:
Director of Human Resources Human Resources Department Solomon Islands National University P.O Box R113 Honiara