This role has primary responsibility in assisting the Engineering Department in looking after all plumbing maintenance and issues for the resort including non-guest areas:
• Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal
• Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
• Review blueprints and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
• Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
• Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
• Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
• Carry out maintenance of structural metal fixtures of buildings as per the scheduled maintenance program and preventive maintenance program.
• Completion of form 6 level education or a certificate in Plumbing,
• 2 years of plumbing experience
• Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English,
• Hospitality experience will be an added bonus
• Island based role.
If you are interested in these great opportunities then please submit your application letter and CV to [email protected] by Friday 14th April,2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.