We are seeking to recruit a Plant Engineer for our Fixed Plant Maintenance Department – Mechanical Section. Reporting to the Project Superintendent, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for providing engineering and project management support in managing the execution of all process improvement CAPEX/OPEX funded projects.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Project Management; This includes the application of all project management principles to manage all CAPEX/OPEX funded projects, with key tasks in project integration management, project scope management, project risk management, project cost and schedule management, project resource management, procurement and supply management, project resource management, stakeholder management and quality management, from Gate 0 to Commissioning.
- Engineering Design/Assessments (SMP): This includes the application of science and engineering principles to address issues relating to the performance of the crusher, overland conveyor and the mill, so as to improve/maintain optimal production.
- Maintain strong safety, health and environmental compliance focus by observing the policies of Harmony Gold Mining Limited.
- Able to understand the processing operations coupled with active engagement with the processing team and recommend process improvement projects to increase the competitive intelligence and business intelligence of Harmony Gold Mining Limited.
- Contribute in a team environment and provide leadership when Project Superintendent is offsite.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably in Mining or resource industry
- Experience in working on process improvement projects in the mining/oil and gas industry is desirable.
- Strong computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office Suites
- Current PNG Class 6 Driving Licence
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- High level of planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound planning and organisational skills and assertiveness with the ability to implement change
- Demonstrate very strong safety focused and self-discipline
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Sunday 23rd April 2023
Related Jobs (5)
AUTO TECHNICIANS on June 6, 2023 Full Time
PARTS MANAGER on June 6, 2023 Full Time
ENGINEER – SOUTH SEA ISLAND on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Trade Apprentice on May 30, 2023 Full Time