We are seeking to recruit an Electrical/Instrumentation Planner for our Fixed Plant Maintenance (FPM) Planning & Reliability Department. Reporting to the Senior Planner & Scheduler, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for developing maintenance plans and activities for the plant, to implementing maintenance strategies and initiatives and management of maintenance policies and procedures.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Strategic execution of the planning process for the weekly execution schedule
- Planning of all work, including the forward log, by taking weekly schedules from the initial stages by developing detailed job scopes and preparation of estimates, through to the execution, completion and analyse steps of the work management process
- Liaise with Health and Safety Department as necessary for review, approval and the designation of the safety procedures to be used during the execution of the weekly schedule
- Liaise and work with Electrical & Instrumentation work groups to develop / review scope of works and plan weekly job work orders.
- Inspect plant equipment to assess the scope of work, and determine and specialised requirements, trade resources, materials/spare parts, tools, and special equipment needed to complete the job. Remain informed on all machine and component reliability issues
- Ensures that the Parts Supply Advisor receives and stages all planned Work Order material and parts.
- Provides assistance to ensure continuous development of SWPs (Safe Working Procedures) to capture repetitive tasks in Primary Work Orders
- Reviews Primary Work Orders for feedback and ensures (Secondary Maintenance) SM Work Orders are created to capture all necessary follow up work
- Attend Weekly Planning meetings and any other Planning meeting as required, with each respective responsibility area to ensure all designated tasks are thoroughly planned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Have advanced skill and be proficient with Microsoft Project
- Be a certified tradesman in Electrical and Instrumentation trade
- 5 years’ experience as a Technician in a Mining Environment
- 5 years as a Planner in a Mining Environment
- Exposure to Maintenance Planning and Scheduling applications
- Have working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, preferably Pronto
- Have current & valid PNG’s class 6 Driver’s Licence
- High level computer skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Strong planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed coaching & mentoring skills
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisation skills
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Monday 16th January 2023