- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment.
Newcrest Mining Limited is sourcing for an experienced and qualified talent to join their Planning and Scheduling, Mobile Fleet Maintenance Department to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are recruiting an experienced Planner, for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to Supervisor – Planning and Scheduling. You will be providing technical expertise to ensure planning and scheduling within the Mobile Maintenance area are achieved in a safe and timely manner.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all company HSE requirement and policies including Fitness for Work.
- Complete any HSE tasks only if the hazards and any potential consequences are understood and any corrections are firstly agreed by the relevant Supervisor.
- Review and screen work requests/work orders, prioritisation, confirmation of job scope/requirement (including safety hazards) and determination of required level of planning for assigned area of responsibility.
- Plan work using CMMS & SAP software by populating the work order with clear and concise written job instructions / details / procedures (including work instructions, job safety analyses, OEM documentation/specification, engineering drawings) with level of details, so that the specific tasks can be completed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure OEM maintenance contracts, standards and practices are executed in accordance with the maintenance program ensuring all contracted obligation for equipment and labour contracts are met.
- Plan for modular shutdowns and overhauls, including job scope, risk assessment, hazard identification, resource and material requirement, coordination, and scheduling.
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience (planning), in mining or constructions industry
- Trade Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance or Similar essential
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Sound planning, analytical and problem solve skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self – motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time
- High attention to detail with good time management skills
- PNG Driver’s Licence – Class Six (6)
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the closing date of the advertisement.