Your day to day
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about Pastries. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
Our Pastry Chef will be accountable for kitchen operation including presentation and preparation of a broad array of cakes, pastries, desserts, cakes, petit fours which meet customer expectations and are innovative, creative, and trendy. Work alongside the team who can ensure all regulations concerning health safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures are adhered too. Our Pastry Chef will ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, and inventory functions kept to our high standards to make sure our kitchen is always running smoothly. Monitor kitchen operations in preparing and serving a range of pastries, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade and implement new ideas.
- Create high quality innovative pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain high quality standards and consistency of product.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the guests
- Ensures that all Pastry food items served in the hotel respects IHG standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
- Responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Organize daily production of the GPH pastry shop and its offerings.
- Manages the production of recipes and costing for all dishes and Pastry & Bakery food preparations served in the hotel are accurate and updated.
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen
- Ensure OH&S standards and procedures are in place and staff receives the relevant training and refresher training to keep their knowledge up to date on hazards, operating procedures, use and maintenance of equipment and emergency response procedures.
- Ensures that the department is complying with the safety and security rules of the hotel in line with HACCP.
- Hands on approach with our A al carte desserts and our banquet functions.
What we need from you
- Trade Diploma in Food & Beverage / Hotel Management with 5 years’ experience in the pastry, culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area from a Tourism and Hospitality Institute
- At least three years in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible – able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, and evenings.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (8)
Payroll & Accounts Receivable Officer AND Welcome Host on December 1, 2022 Full Time
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant