At IHG, our goal is to help shape the future of responsible travel together with those who stay, work and partner with us. We will support our people and make a positive difference to local communities while preserving our planet’s beauty and diversity not just today but long into the future.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”, we have an opportunity within our Kitchen team for a Pastry Chef.
As a Pastry Chef, you will support the team which will include but not limited to the following:
- Create high quality innovative pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations to maintain high quality standards and consistency of product.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the guests.
- Ensures that all Pastry food items served in the hotel respects IHG standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
- Responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Organize daily production of the GPH pastry shop and its offerings.
- Manages the production of recipes and costing for all dishes and Pastry & Bakery food preparations served in the hotel are accurate and updated.
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen.
- Ensure OH&S standards and procedures are in place and staff receives the relevant training and refresher training to keep their knowledge up to date on hazards, operating procedures, use and maintenance of equipment and emergency response procedures.
- Ensures that the department is complying with the safety and security rules of the hotel in line with HACCP.
- Hands on approach with our A al carte desserts and our banquet functions.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Trade Diploma in Food & Beverage / Hotel Management with 5 years’ experience in the pastry, culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area from a Tourism and Hospitality Institute
- At least three years in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible – able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, and evenings.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Term Life Cover
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (22)
Commis Chef | F&B Attendant | Trainee – F&B Department | Trainee – Kit Department on September 25, 2023 Full Time
Product Analyst Assistant x2 | South Pacific Specialists x3 on September 22, 2023 Full Time